Chapter 45: Not So Happy Birthday

Start from the beginning

We stopped by the food court because I was craving a mixed berry smoothie and a cinnamon bun. It was around 2 when we finally left the mall. Ace bought me a few outfits and I bought him a few outfits as well. Much to his chagrin.

"You really didn't have to buy these for me." He continued to argue as we headed to the car.

"I didn't have to, but I wanted to because you always by me stuff and you deserve these. Also you incredibly hot in them so this wasn't just for you." I send a wink his way and he books with laughter, getting some quite interesting looks for his loudness.

I laugh along with him as we get in the car. Throwing our bags in the back seat before we head back to the pack. So far it's been a pretty good birthday for me. Being home with everyone, having Ace, being pregnant, I couldn't have asked for a better day. I lean my head back against the seat. As we pulled up to the pack house I could see wolves running around, shifting before heading towards the pack house. Ace must of linked them that lunch will be soon. Ace dropped me off at the pack before heading to our house to put our bag and the car away.

As I walked into the pack house I saw my family sitting all around the living room. Once they saw me, I was pulled into many hugs and many 'happy birthdays' were yelled at me. I laughed with the biggest smile on my face. Everyone started to settle back down as I stood leaning against the wall. I didn't really want to sit just yet. We talked for a little while before I felt arms wrap themselves around my waist. I could feel the sparks that never seemed to settle explode through my body as I leaned back against Ace's body. He soon pulled me over to one of the chairs and had me sit in his lap.

"So what did you guys get from the mall?" Alex asked as she curls up into Keith's side.

"Nothing much. A few outfits for the both of us and Anna got some stuff for her bike." Ace told her as laid my head on his shoulder.

"Do you guys have anything planned for tonight?" Trent asked. I smiled at him and Flair as they held hands. I'm so happy that they have each other. I know that after everything he's been through he really needs her by his side.

"No not really. We were going to eat here, hangout with all of you and the pack members and that was about it." I answer him. He gives me a little nod before a thought came to his head.

"Do you want to go on a walk in the woods a little later? We can go to the little meadow." I look over to Ace for his opinion. He gives me a little nod before looking at Trent.

"That sounds good by me. Most of our work is already finished so we have nothing to do tonight." Everyone nods at Ace.

Not too long we here pack members yelling that lunch was ready. And we start to head the kitchen to grab food. We sat down at the table with Ace at the head and me to his right. People fill into the room sitting down at different tables and scattered around the floor. Ace stands from his seat getting the attention of everyone. He glances around the room smiling at everyone before his eyes land on me. The love and happiness that radiated from his eyes, warmed my heart and I stare at him adoringly.

"Today is the 19th birthday of our Luna. I am so happy to have her by my side and with us. Today is a day of celebration and happiness so together we eat. Happy birthday to beautiful mate and many more joyous ones in our future together. Happy birthday baby!" Cheers ring out around us as a dazing smile makes it to His face.

I blush and with love in my heart, I thank my pack members. Ace leans over to give me a kiss before sitting back down. We ate our food, laughed, talked, and enjoyed each other's company. After we finished our food, most decided to go back to their houses or back to training. I sat with my family and we all watched movies. It was around 6:30 when we decided to head out for a walk. The sun was setting filling the sky with beautiful pinks, yellows, oranges, purples, and blues. As we walked through the woods as a sigh left my lips. Ace had his arm wrapped around my shoulder and mine around his waist.