Chapter 26 She finally Snaps

Magsimula sa umpisa

Keith smirks. "Where's the fun in that?"

"For a second there, I actually thought that a Ruby Stone wolf got in behind our backs," Luka admits.

Just then my uncle connects the mind link.

"Good morning, Sophie, did you see any more sign of Ruby Stone, apart from that one alert?"

"No sir, neither I nor Luka saw anything else. How about you, did you guys see anything?" I ask.

"No, Sophie, we didn't," he informs. "And neither did the rest of the pack. Everything's clear, we're safe for the time being."

"Okay uncle, keep me posted throughout the day, you let me know if anything changes, alright," I tell him.

"I will, Little Sophie," he replies. "Oh, Sophie, before I forget, training's back on today, but it'll be this afternoon, giving you time to eat and get a nap in there somewhere beforehand," my uncle then ads.

"Alright, I'll let the boy's know," I tell him before I cut the link.

I then turn towards Luka and Keith.

"That was Uncle, training's going to start back again," Luka and Keith both let out tired sighs. "The good news is, it won't start till this afternoon, that'll give you guys plenty of time to get fed and rested up."

Luka and Keith both look at each other in relief.

"Thank goodness," Keith says. "I can feed and spend time with Alex when I take her home."

Luka then smirks. "Well, I don't know about you two," he states. "But when I'm done with breakfast, I'm going to take a much needed nap."

Keith and I both chuckle.

"Alright, Luka, you can take a nap after breakfast, I'll wake you up when it's time to go," I tell him.

As the three of us walk up to the back door, I turn towards Keith. So, where did you and your brother end up passing out at?"

"Well, Cody passed out at his post, and I..." He trails off for an instant. "Well, I passed out at the Northern Shore?"

"Oh, what was that like?" I ask him on a whim.

"I didn't have a choice, Sophie," he tells me, in the tone he uses when he's serious.

This gets my attention. "How do you mean, Keith?" I ask.

"Because, even though I was out running the root like the rest of the pack, I didn't have my head in the game. My thoughts were back on Alex, worrying about her," Keith replies. "We've never been away from each other since the day we rescued her...Well, there was that one time back at the training center, but even then, I was only a few feet away so I could hear her if she needed me. Last night, she was as far away from me as I had ever been from her. Late last night, when I let my wolf take control, I was still restless in the back of my mind, so when my wolf got tired, he when to the shore in the hopes that the waves could calm my mind."

"Did you get any sleep?" I ask.

"Yes," he tells me. "A bit, but I'm still tired."

"Come on then," I tell him, as Luka opens the door. "Your mate is waiting for you."

We both walk through the door, while Luka closes it behind us. The three of us then walk up the few steps to get to the bunker door, Luka and I step aside to allow Keith to lift the hatch.

When the bunker door opens, what we see inside leaves smiles on our faces. On the bunker floor, laying on Luka's blanket, curled up ever so slightly, is the black ball of fluff of Alex's wolf. When she hears the door open, her gold eyes open and look up at us. When Alex's eyes land on Keith, her tail wags slightly. Taking that as our cue, Keith and I start to make our way down.