Chapter 41

Previously, on Love bite. 

 Walking back into our room, I get on my side of the bed and lay down. I resist the urge to curl up and wrap my arms around him because of his remaining wounds. In the end, I decide to just snuggle in closer, resting my head on his shoulder.

Closing my eyes and slowly breathing in Luka's fresh honey scent, I welcome the darkness, Ace's parting words running over and over on replay in my mind.

"That's one powerful Alpha you have there, watch out for him."

"Maybe there's hope for this alliance yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie's P.O.V

I'm stirred from my deep sleep, Luka's fresh scent still going in my nose as I wake. Opening my eyes, I can tell by the blue orange light streaming through our bedroom window that it is early evening. I am about to fall back to sleep, that is until I feel the empty pain as well as hear the growl of my stomach.

Giving up on the idea of getting more sleep, I quietly sit up, throwing my legs over the side of the bed. My feet touching the carpet, I stand up and speed walk over towards the doorway, taking one last look at Luka before going through.

Picking up speed, I sprint down the stairs, crossing through the living room, passing a few random Ruby Stone wolves just sitting around talking to one another. Noticing me, they each give me a nod, but I pay them no mind.

Arriving at the kitchen, I spot Greg at the sink washing and drying his hands with a dish towel. Hearing me pull out a chair at the table and sit down, Greg turns off the water and spins around to face me. He smiles warmly.

"Good evening, Alpha Sophie. What can I do for you?"

"Evening Greg. I'll just have a bowl of yogurt if you don't mind please," I reply.

"No trouble at all," he says, walking over to the fridge and opening it.

While Greg fixes my snack, I remember something I meant to do after I got done talking to Ace earlier today but forgot. I connect my mind link to Amanda, feeling her connect to my own.

"Yes, Alpha."

"Hi, Amanda. Listen, I'm just linking you to let you know the house is safe, you can bring Victoria over, Ace is no longer a threat."

"Sounds good Alpha, tell Greg we'll be there soon," she instructs, disconnecting her mind link.

Turning to Greg, I speak.

"Just got off the link with your mate, she and your step-daughter are on their way, they'll be here soon."

Turning around, Greg walks back towards me, carrying a bowl in one hand and a spoon in the other. Placing the bowl of vanilla yogurt down in front of me, Greg hands me the spoon and smiles.

"Sounds like a plan, Alpha Sophie."

Dipping the spoon into my snack, I put the end in my mouth. I smile, feeling the pains of hunger in my stomach slowly disappearing.

"Thanks, Greg."

***

Now sitting on the couch hours later, with dark twilight light dimly showing through the living room window, I feel so small sitting here in such a large group of wolves. In the time I've been here, I learned from Maloney when she got here that Luka did end up breaking Ace's shoulder earlier today. Luckily for him, it was a simple break, he should heal in a few days. To Shelby's relief.