Chapter 43

Previously, on Love bite. 

"I wanted to thank you again for setting this up for me. You're much too kind, how can I ever repay you?"

"Oh, you're more than welcome. Just don't try to kidnap my mate again." Duke gives me a smirk in response.

"Don't worry, Alpha Sophie, I've already learned my mistake the hard way."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie's P.O.V

On first leaving the hospital, my uncle started out following out with me, but upon shifting and taking off, he went in the opposite direction to get things ready for the ceremony tonight while I head back towards the house.

I shift back just as I come up to the door. I speed walk inside, heading straight upstairs towards our room, closing the door behind me. The house is early quiet, a bit unusual for this time of day. About the only ones inside stirring are Heather and Cody,

Getting to our room, I head over towards closet, pushing apart the clothes hanging down from the rack. Behind all my clothes sits a small simple looking safe, I bend down and carefully punch in the combination. The safe is empty apart from the shape of a fancy looking knife

 Slowly, I take the knife out of it's hiding spot where it's been hiding for the past three years, having to lower it slightly to get it out of the safe 

Once I do have it out, I carefully look it over with my eyes, taking in every detail of the ancient looking weapon. The handle is a shade of dark grey with hand-carved ornate silver looking vines that sprout up towards the sharp edge. I  adjust my hands slightly wanting to avoid the blade at any costs. The blade itself is the truly unique thing about this knife. It's a blade, not made out of metal, but one of solidly polished emerald.

I look closer. Whitish and brownish line drag across the surface of the stone, giving it the look of a map that would lead you to nowhere if you look hard enough. This is a relic, a true wonder. , This knife was forged by my ancestors many years ago, it's all we have left to remember them by. This object has belonged to us for as long as we've been a pack.

I shift the knife in my left hand, looking at my right. My stomach begins to flutter as if a cage has been set free inside. A slight smile creeps onto my face. 

I remember when I had to face the blade when I became Alpha, and now the time has come for Luka to take my place as leader of The Emerald  Stone Pack. I've taught him everything I could, now I sure do hope he's ready.

I hear the door open from downstairs and my aunt comes walking into the house. Closing the safe back up and making sure that it's locked up tight, I get up and walk out of my closet.                  

I take each down each step-down, one after the other till I reach the bottom. Once there, I find aunt Sherry waiting for me, I walk up and greet her with a slight embrace, she puts her arms around me in return.

"Wow Aunt Sherry, that was fast." She pulls apart from me slightly.

"Well Little Sophie, pretty soon after you and your Uncle left, Martha arrived and Jake told her what you instructed. Afterward, I excused myself to come over here." I nod.

"Thought as much, that's why I left the front door unlocked." 

I hold the knife out to her, my hand careful to avoid the blade. My heart flutters again, my eyes closing for a moment. I let out a slight sorrow filled sigh This is it no turning back, like the passing of a torch.