Chapter 42

Previously, on Love bite.

"Hey, Luka...?" I trail off, I was about to ask if he wanted me to apply the Stella Gel one more time for the night, but I gave up when I realized that he has already fallen asleep.

Letting out a sigh, I lay back down and start to feel my eyes get heavy.

As I start to let the darkness take over, one last thought enters my mind as I get into the comfy spot on my pillow.

The countdown to Luka's birthday has begun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie's P.O.V

Three Months Later

Here now sitting at the kitchen table in the early morning light, my eyes not leaving the calendar while I chew through my breakfast of eggs. The house is silent this morning, not even Greg is here to cook. In fact, most of the pack members are still in bed or around the territory. Unlike most days, they have a good reason to sleep in late.

It's June 25th. It's Luka's eighteenth birthday. He'll become alpha tonight. Therefore, most of the pack decided to sleep in late in order to preserve their energy for the ceremony.

In the last few months, I've been training Luka, preparing him for this day. it was a slow process, but an enjoyable one. I watched as my mate almost exploded in anger as he helped me with the task of doing mountains of paperwork.

He inherited that from me.

Snapping out of my thoughts, realizing I'm not alone, I sit back in my chair and wait. Thought you got up when I did, I think to myself, listening to the rhythm of soft thuds hitting the ground. A moment later, none other than Ace walks into the room and smiles at me.

Throughout the last few months, Ace has slowly regained his strength with the help of aunt Sherry, along with Shelby's tender loving care. Now, Ace can pretty much walk on his own with the help of a cane.

"Morning Sophie," He greets, taking each step very carefully.

"Morning Ace," I greet, turning towards him. "Need some help?"

"No Sophie, I've got it," Ace shakes his head. "Thank you though."

Ace approaching the table, I get up and pull one of the empty chairs around, getting it set for him. Turning around, Ace sits down as slowly as he can. He then picks up his cane, placing it on his lap. Carefully, I spin the chair around, facing him towards the table.

Sitting back down myself, Keith connects the mind link to mine, I pick up only a moment later.

"Sophie, it's me. Just wanted to let you know, Quinn and I are on our way back, we have Luka's present. We're just down the street."

"Alright, I'll open up the garage door when you pull down the driveway."

I disconnect the link and let out a sigh. I had to time this surprise for Luka perfectly, I can't believe I just pulled it off. As of now, the future alpha in question isn't even in bed asleep. He and my uncle left a little over an hour ago to go to the D.M.V, Elliot went with them.

"So," Ace says, turning towards me, getting a curious look on his face. "How are you going to surprise Luka with his gift, Sophie?"

Getting a curious look on my own face, I put my thinking cap on and start to think for a moment. I get up from the table again, walking over to one of the random kitchen cabinets and pulling out a tall glass, setting it down on the counter. I turn back to Ace and grin.