19: What are we looking for?

Another Fast update!

Things have settled for me so this is a 'yay!' chapter...

Also, I felt bad for leaving you guys with a filler chapter.

Just so you guys know, I have finished writing this story. I want to finish updating this by June 13th at the latest.

This 13th is my favourite anniversary of my favourite people in the world, so I want to be free before that...so maybe 12th?

Enough Rambling from me.

***

"You absurd boy," I yelled, pacing about as Stephen stood at the window, his arm crossed.

He turned to look at me, eyebrows arched, "You done?" he asked. I glared at him, running my hands through my hair. "I'm not ready!" I hissed.

"You don't have to be. Besides, think about us, we're more than ready for this stupid fight between you and Cullen to be over." He said.

I pouted and he sighed, walking over to me to put both his heavy hands on my shoulders.

"T, it's been a week and the jerk hasn't visited you once. Either, you talk to him and make up or just get it over with. I suppose you won't be all jammed up about breaking it off with him like a certain literary character we won't mention?" he gave me a meaningful look.

I huffed.

Finally, I nodded.

"Excellent, do you want me to dial for you?" he asked, digging into his pocket and pulling out a cell phone.

I shrugged, flopping onto the bed when he smirked and held up the phone to his ear.

He jerked suddenly as the phone began ringing even before he could push the call button.

I raised my eyebrows as he glared at the number. "Damned thing, they won't stop calling me!" he spat out. "Have you actually told them to leave you alone?" I asked. He shook his head.

"It's a blocked number. I don't want to get in some mess." He said.

"We're already in a mess. Give it here," I held out my hand for the still ringing phone.

He handed the silver box to me and I studied the number before sliding the answer button.

"Hello," I said briskly into the mouth piece.

T – T – Tulika...is that y-you? The stuttering voice was familiar but it came out so scratchy I could hardly understand the words.

I glanced at Stephen, switching to speaker mode.

"Yes, it's me; who's this?"

It's me...R-Roosevelt, Roosevelt Sorenson.

Stephen knelt beside the bed, looking at the phone. "Dr. Sorenson, why did you call me?" Stephen asked. There was a heavy pause before one sentence filtered in before cutting the call. You're the only ones who can help me.

Stephen and I stared at each other wide eyed.

Well, there went any chance of trying to become friends with Edward.

Bella, who clearly thought that her boyfriend had managed to convince me to talk to Edward, smiled softly when we clambered down the stairs.

"Did it work?" she asked Stephen.