15: When in Doubt, Eat

The Title is the best, isn't it? :D

Really, it's golden words for any stressful situation...at least for me...

I eat...when I'm stressed...ok, I'll stop now...

***

Two days soon faded into five and I still had heard nothing from darling Edward. Yep, that was sarcasm. After being treated with silent treatment for being right...or as much right as I could be in that department...I was in no mood to be lenient with him. If he could be stubborn, I could be more so.

So...yeah, since I was playing the strong willed girl, I was camped out in my room with all the variations of food known to mankind. I mean, food doesn't complain, food understands and I will always be the girl to pick fries before guys.

Bella had very kindly decided to indulge me and had not broached the topic of Edward with me again. Wisely, I might add because if she had I was very ready to say 'you like that, fine, go ahead and have him.'

Jacob and the wolves were still patrolling the woods outside the house. I would see huge shadows pass by sometimes when I would glance out the window at a particular time and curb the urge to out and offer them a sandwich or something. I'm sure they would appreciate it.

So, here I was with Pride and Prejudice on my lap and a plate of fries on the bed.

I looked up when the door opened and Stephen peeked in. "Bella told me you haven't shifted from that position for hours now," he said, letting himself in.

"Tattle tale, I did move. I went to the bathroom seven minutes ago." I said.

Stephen rolled his eyes, sitting on the bed and reaching for my fries. I pulled the plate away from him.

"Hey, no we in fries, buddy."

His hand flopped back on his lap, his lips pursing as he surveyed me.

"This is about Cullen, isn't it?" he asked.

I shrugged.

"T, this can't go on...sure, you haven't spoken to him for a while but you got to understand, you can't make everybody happy, you aren't a jar of nutella." He said, a slow grin spreading on his mouth and I giggled.

"You know, Steph, it's been so long, I can't tell which one of us is the bad influence." I said, still chortling and I playfully nudged him with my foot.

He grabbed the foot, pulling me upright.

"So, you going to put some clothes on and come downstairs?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I'll certainly think about it." I murmured, pulling my leg back to me.

"Talk to him, you'll feel better." He insisted. I scoffed at that. "I wasn't the one being a biased moron. If he wants to talk he'll do the dialing." I said.

He gave me a meaningful look.

"Just remember; what's a queen without a king?" he winked at me and I gave him the most disgusted look I ever could. God, had I raised him so oblivious?

He was about to close the door when I spoke, "Historically speaking, she's more powerful," I said.

He tilted then shook his head, raising his hand in surrender before leaving.