6: So Much To Catch Up

This is another short chapter dedicated to Edward and Tulika because I felt bad about the last chapter.

It's been so long; I think we need to just slowly breathe them in. Like helium out of a balloon. ;)

***

My heart soared. My blood sung. I wrapped my arms under his shoulders, clutching them as I returned his kiss as passionately as I could. I still had to count his strength though. He was pushing me so much that I had to bend back so he was dipping me, his fingers entangled in my hair, pulling almost painfully.

"Edward..." I gasped out and he deepened the kiss, robbing me of the little breath I had.

It was maybe hours before he pushed me away, his eyes bright and wild. I gulped in large bouts of air, feeling thankful if not a little cautious at the fire raging in him.

He stared at me for a long time, taking me in from head to toe as his features settled. Without a word, he brushed past me, walking towards the House.

Wait...what...? What just happened? Did he actually walk past me like I didn't exist?

"Edward," I called after him, rushing to keep up even as he walked at a human pace.

He didn't answer.

Oh god, not this again...

"Oh my gods...are you actually ignoring me?" I shouted at his retreating back. He didn't deign to respond. "Edward Cullen, you know I hate being ignored!" I called. He was getting farther away so I dug in my heels, flopping down to sit on a mossy rock. "Hey, I'm not going to move from here if you don't come back! I didn't come to find you so you can be a mean jerk to me!" I yelled, and turned away completely, straining my ears to see if I could hear him.

I didn't.

"My subconscious wouldn't make this up." I turned my head to see Edward looking at me, his head tilted but his face devoid of any expression. This time, I rolled my eyes. "Naturally, you kiss me like that and you still think I'm a figment of your imagination. Wonderful," I scoffed.

"You're...not a figment of my imagination? You're really here?" he breathed. I crossed my arms. "Ok, I was feeling emotional for like ten minutes back there and we could've had one of those Nicholas Sparks things; which is strange because I don't like him – he always kills or maims or something to the lovers – but now you've ruined it." I'd barely finished my sentence when he'd yanked me to his chest, his hands cupping my face, looking into my eyes.

I looked right back, watching the life gradually seep back into his golden orbs.

"Tulika," he whispered.

"You look horrible," I whispered back, in a matter of fact voice.

His lips pursed, before he kissed me again. This was softer; as if he was scared I would slip and break something. He pulled away and placed his forehead against mine.

"I love you."

"I love you too, but you really need a comb and a really long shower."

He grinned mischievously, "You really are back. Only you can ruin a moment like this," he said. "I didn't, you walked away from me when I was willing to be all mushy and kiss your sorrows away." I protested.

"I thought you weren't real. You are though, any chance you'll kiss my sorrows away now?" he asked.

I shook my head at him, smiling before pulling our entwined hands up and kissing his fingers. "We should get home, although I'm pretty sure Alice is playing a running commentary for everyone." I said.