Prologue

Hi!

Welcome!

With the generous love received by the first book of this series, I present to you...the second book. (Ba Dum Tush: Sorry, I tried to make it sound dramatic, but I'm not all that good at that, I suppose.)

So...this Prologue takes place a few months before the events of the first book.

Hope you like it! :D

                                                                                                  ***

I looked around the lavish bookstore with vivid interest. They certainly know how to make books look attractive. I thought as my companion, Mira, giddy with joy bounced next to me. "Isn't this exciting?" she asked me.

"Oh sure," I said absently, looking at the titles on the shelf next to me.

"Come on, Tulle, we're meeting Stephanie Meyer! You're in San Francisco for God's sake, you could be a little more excited!" she shoved me.

"I am excited, but not to meet Meyer. San Francisco is a great place to tour around. The Golden gate bridge, Alcatraz, Union Square..." I was about to go ahead but Mira was already moving ahead.

I dropped my animated hands in exasperation. Don't get me wrong, I used to love Twilight; the keyword being: used to. Now, I just felt Edward and Bella were annoying and setting a bad precedent. All because a woman didn't know how to put her English degree to good use and was way too fond of purple prose.

"Mira, please, can I go look around? I'm sure there are some good books around here," I begged. "I don't want to be alone. You get to meet at least one famous author." She grabbed my hand. "Fame, yeah, because all the girls our age are brainwashed." I said in disgust. "Come on, M, don't you see...? Bella would rather commit suicide than live without a guy she was only dating, what, six months? She doesn't care about her dad or mom or step dad or her best friend. Edward would rather die than live without the girl he nearly pushed to killing herself. Why don't people give a damn about their families?" I said while my friend just stared at me through the rant.

Just when I was beginning to hope she would say something like: OMG, you're so right, she said: It's our turn and inserted a long squeal which nearly burst my ear drums.

"Oh my god, I'm your biggest fan, ever!" She said as I watched the woman with an indifferent expression. Fame probably wasn't being too kind to Mrs. Meyer. She looked as if someone had smashed her with a bat then carefully glued her back together with a lot of hairspray and foundation.

"Thank you so much! What name shall I make it out to?" she asked and looked up at me. "Mira, oh and Tulika too," my friend said exuberantly. Stephanie probably didn't hear. She was still looking at me with a calculating look on her face.

"Of course," she said finally and put her fountain pen to the front page. "What's your name, dear?" she asked, handing the book to Mira while staring at me again. "Tulika Mukherjee and I am Mira Joshi." She said. I glanced at her then gave a polite smile to Meyer. "Thank you for your time." I latched onto Mira's arm and firmly guided her away.

                                                                                                  ***

Found her; she thought satisfied as she watched the girl lead her friend away.

Stage one of her solution operation was down, now, the only thing remained was to find her a counterpart. She very well couldn't let the girl go off alone. It wouldn't do...

No, she needed one more person.

                                                                                       ***

Well...?

I sincerely hope you liked it!

Please Comment!

Thanks!