Chapter 6

(Rydel's POV)

"Now I'm going to ask one more time and this time I want the actual truth. Who is she?" I contemplate whether lying is the best option but decide against it.

'She was bound to find out sooner or later..' I thought to myself.

"Um I'll be back." I scury out of the room before my mom has the chance to talk.

"What took you so long? Have some trouble in there?" Rocky laughs.

"A little, where's Riley?" I hand the popcorn over to Ratliff and set my drink down on the table.

"Oh she went out back for a bit, she said she wanted to get some fresh air." I nod and head for the sliding door. After getting outside, I shut the door.

"Hey sweetie." She tensed up but quickly relaxed again after seeing it was me.

"Hi Rydel." She smiled.

"It's okay to call me mommy again, just not as long as the boys arent here." She nods.

"Wanna come with me then?" I hold my hand out for her to grab a hold of.

we walk back inside and into the kitchen. Exactly where I left her, my mom is waiting.

"I'm sorry I had to leave to get her." I gesture to Riley.

"Alright well let's all start over. This is Riley, she is 7 and..she's my daughter."

"Rydel Marie Lynch, She's the reason you left?!" Okay so she's mad.

"Sort of, yeah. I just thought that you guys wouldn't want a pregnant daughter and it would've been bad for the band and then the boys would be upset. I'm sorry I left mom, I really am." We hug and it's wonderful.

"Are you still mad?" I quietly ask.

"No, just a little disapointed but what's done is done. Besides, it's your life and you choose how to live it. So, as long as you're happy then I'm happy for you." She smiles and I return it.

"So Riley, wanna meet your grandma?" She nods excitedly and runs toward moms open arms.

"She's beautiful, like her mother. Look at that sweet smile! Loving the fashion sense she has." Mom compliments her.

"Thank you!" Riley giggles.

So what's her name then?

"Oh, I'm Riley Leigh Ratliff" She says before I can stop her.

"Wait, did you say Ratliff?"

"Yeah, It's funny how my name rhymes." She laughs.

"Sweetie, how about you go watch the rest of the movie with the boys and I'm gonna have a quick chat with your mommy." This isn't good.

"Okay!" She cheerfully says, walking to the door.

"Oh and Riley? Remember, You are Riley Jean. I'm Rydel, your favorite teacher." She nods and is about to head out of the door but I stop her one last time.

"One last thing, Stormie here isn't your grandma while you're with the boys, okay?"

"Got it. Love you mommy." She replies.

"Love you too, Riley." After she left I turn to mom.

"ELLINGTON?!" She whisper yells.

"Yea..." I look down at my shoes

After a moment of silence she beggins to talk again. "Does he know yet?" I shake my head 'no'.

"Rydel, you have to tell him sooner or later."

"I know, I know." I sigh.

"So I'm the only one that knows then?" I nod.

"Well in the family. Outside of the family, Rose knows because she's been helping me since I left." She smiles.

"Rose and you are still best friends?"

"Yeah, she's so awesome and I owe her so much for helping me and getting me my job at the school Riley goes to.

"That's so-" Mom gets interupted when Ell comes in holding Riley.

"Hey guys, sorry to interupt but little missy here was hungry so we came to get some cereal." He smiles that amazing smile.

"Oh that's alright we were actually just finishing catching up."

"Oh okay then. Well Riley, which one do you want?" She puts on her thinking face and places her finger on her chin.

"Hmm, I want...that one!" He nods in approval and pull out the box.

"Good choice." He sets her down in the chair and get the milk and bowl.

"Here you go" He places the bowl down in front of her.

"Riley, what do you say?" I remind her.

"Thank you." She politely says.

"It was my pleasure." He bows and she giggles.

After Riley was done we went back and decided to watch another movie. Riley and I ended up sitting next to Ratliff. Riley was almost asleep when Rocky's phone went off and scared her awake. I was about to tell Rocky to silence his phone but Ratliff spoke up.

"Dude! You scared her! Next time put your phone on silent or vibrate, please."

"Sorry dude, I didn't know it was on sound." Rocky put his hands up in defense.

"Hey what time is it?" I question.

"Uh, it's 9:54, why?"

"I gotta go! It's WAY past her bed time." I point to Riley who was asleep, again.

"We're going to the same place tomorrow, why dont you just sleep over? Besides, we miss you." Ross tries to persuade me.

"You guys don't even have an extra bed for us and besides, I still gota get her home to her mom."

"We still have your room herein the winter house, we never changed it after all these years of coming to Colorado in the winter. So now all you need to do is call her mom asking if it's okay and that you'll get her to school safely tomorrow." Ryland explains.

"I'll be back then." I give up and go outsideto call Rose.

Hello?

Hey Rose, so it looks like I'm gonna be spending the night with my family.

What about Riley?

I think it'll be okay as long as she doesn't spill the truth then we're good.

Alright. See you tomorrow then?

Of course. Oh, and bring new clothes for Riley tomorrow please.

No problem, the pink one?

It's her favorite.

I know, night then.

Night!

I walk back Inside and tell them the good news. Then I pick Riley up and head for my room. I lay her down and tuck her in.

"Goodnight baby girl, mommy loves you very much and sweet dreams." I whisper and kiss her forehead.

(Ross' POV)

I go to ask Rydel if she wants to watch another movie or play a game when I hear her whispering.

"Goodnight baby girl, mommy loves you very much and sweet dreams."

Wait, Riley is Rydel's daughter? Rydel's a mom?! What?! I Don't have time to process it because Rydel is coming for the door. I run into the kitchen to quickly get myself a glass of water.

Rydel has a daughter...