Chapter 3

(Rydel's POV)

"Come on Riley, we're gonna be late again!" Unfortunately, Riley doesn't wake up too easily.

"Mommy, why does school have to be so early." She complains.

"Because they like to make you wake up early to learn." I reply getting my keys.

"But that's no fun."

"I know baby girl now hurry up." We rush out the door.

We get to the school with time to spare so I kiss her goodbye and head to the music room. I'm cleaning up the room as I hear someone come in.

"Hey Rydel, I have some news for you." Rose comes in.

"Yeah?"

"Well I talked to the principle and he was going to have you work with Ratliff but I convinced him to change it. You're going to work with Riker while Ratliff works in the theatre room." She informs me.

"Oh thank you so much! Wait, that means I still have to work with Riker!"

"Yeah but at least I got Ratliff away from you." She smiles.

"Yes and I thank you for that." I smile back.

"By the way he's gonna come in any minute now so I'm going to leave. Ratliff is gonna be at the theatre room soon and seeing as I'm the teacher, I've gotta go." She rushes out of the room.

Students start to come in and sit in seats. Since I'm a music teacher I dont really have them sit in a certain place so they just sit where they want to.

"Okay class we are going to have a guest teacher coming in today so let's all be nice and welcome him when he gets here." They all nod.

"Okay as always, we are going to do warm ups and then we will start learning how to play a recorder." Again they nod and we start our warm ups.

"Hey sorry I'm late, my brothers didn't wake up on time. I'm Riker." He says standing next to me and I just nod. Afterwards, It was time to get a recorder and a music sheet and learn to play it.

"Alright guys, these are the basics on how to play. Once you think you've got it then you can go off on your own and start trying these songs. After you think you can play a song you can come up here and play it for us, if you do it well then you get a string for your recorder and you go on to learning the next song." I instruct.

(Riker's POV)

I'd know that voice anywhere. That's Rydel's voice but theres something different about it, almost like she matured a lot since she left.

"R-Rydel?" I ask in disbelieve. She stops what she's doing for a moment and turns around.

"Oh my god, Rydel it is you!" I'm in tears as I hug her.

"Yea, it's me." She chuckles a little, hugging me back. After we let go I take a good look at her.

"Wow, you've changed so much. Your hair is brunette now and look at you, you're a teacher!" I smile and she returns it.

"Yea, I've changed quite a lot since California." She looks down at her shoes.

"Rydel why'd you leave? We've mised you so much. You just left without telling us where you were headed or why you were leaving. Please tell me why." I begged her.

"No reason really." She tries to lie through her teeth. I know my sister well enough to know when she was lying.

"Rydel, I know you're lying, come on tell me the real reason you left."

"Look I just left for some time off. I couldn't tell you because you guys would want to come with me." She tries to convince me.

"It's okay I understand but next time you do something like that could you at least call once in a while instead of leaving us wondering for 7 years?" I let her think I'm convinced.

"I'm sorry, it wont happen again." She smiles.

She's hiding something and I'll find out what it is no matter how long it takes me.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Uh oh, Riker knows something's up.