Chapter 26

A/N: Has it really been 3 months? Wow guys, I'm really sorry. I've been wanting to write but just life's gotten in the way and too many things have came crashing down into my life suddenly. I hope you'll forgive me for my lack in writing, especially during my summer but I've barely been able to calm down before something else (good or bad..probably bad) plumits into my life again and I have to deal with it all.
_________________________

(Rydel's POV)

"Are we all ready?" Mom asks coming into the room.

The house was a bit cramped but it didn't matter much since we were leaving for the airport in a few minutes

"Mom, are you excited to see dad again?" Ross questions.

"I am." She smiles at us.

"Alright lets go guys!" We all cheer and start to head out the doors with mom leading us.

~*~

"So, how do you want to tell your dad? I know he left in the beginning of the trip to handle buisness but I don't think he knows about her-well, unless you told him I mean." Ell asks me, referring to Riley who was amazed at the clouds below us.

"I was thinking maybe to tell him alone, y'know? A dad and daughter talk." I shakily suggest.

"Okay, are you sure? Because I really don't mind being there with you." He reassures me.

"I know but I really think I should do this kind of alone. Besides, you could probably get seriously hurt or something and I need you around for both Riley and I." I giggle.

"Alright but I still wanna be around just in case things go south, okay?" his protective side starts to show.

"Okay, thank you." I rest my head on his shoulder and his head rests on my head.

"Do you think he'll hate me?" I ask, just above a whisper.

"No, he won't hate you. He might not be to keen on everything but he'll warm up to it all eventually." he comments back, calming me of my worries.

My eyes wander over to our daughter as she's fallen asleep.

"how'd we get here?" I wonder aloud.

"Well you see, when a mommy and a daddy love each other so much.." I hit him on the chest lightly as he chuckles.

"What? You asked." He shrugs with a dopey grin on his face.

"That's not what I meant you dork." I laugh along with him.

"I know."

"I don't like you." I playfully add.

"You love me." he nudges my shoulder.

"I do." I agree.

~*~

"So dad doesn't know we're here yet?" Ross establishes again.

"Nope, he thinks we are coming tomorrow." Mom replies.

"Why?" Rocky asks this time.

"Because I told him that." She takes another bag out of the carousel.

"Why would you do that?" Riley takes this question.

"I thought it would be fun to surprize him." The group chorus with 'oh's as mom tugs the last luggage out of the carousel.

"We ready to go home?" She asks everyone before heading out to a rental car.

~*~

We all got in our order of mom, Riker, Christine, Rocky, Carly, Ross, Rose, Ell, and then I would be last with Riley tightly behind me.