22

"Yah, Kim Taehyung. Get up." Yoongi growls as he shakes the younger boy, who instead of waking up, pulls his hyung in and puts his leg over the older male, hugging him like a koala clinging onto a tree.

"Aish this kid! Yah!" He struggles at the boy's tight grip, trying to free himself almost desperately.

"Ugh... Hyung... Cold..." Taehyung mumbles against his arm and hugs him tighter, making it hard for him to breathe. The cold weather made it worse.

He stops struggling after a while to catch his breath before shouting, "Taehyung, look! A dinosaur!" making the sleeping boy jerk awake almost immediately.

"What?! Where?! Where?!" He stands up and looks around frantically, which assures Yoongi that this boy definitely needs all the help he can get.

"The sun's up. We need to get moving now." He climbs back up, puts on his jacket and bends down to pick up his bag pack while Taehyung is still looking around.

"Let's go now."

"But hyung. The dinos-"

"There are no dinosaurs here, you idiot. I just said it so you'll get your ass up."

And just like that, Yoongi continues trying to find his way out of the forest with a pouting Taehyung beside him. The younger male would occasionally send some rocks and sticks on the ground flying while the older concentrates on the compass in his phone. The cawing of the crows that filled the morning air had made the two males feel uncomfortable.

It's as if they're trying to warn them of danger.

Taehyung slowly inches himself closer to Yoongi as goosebumps made their way onto his arms, making him rub them continuously to try to ease them off as he looks around, feeling insecure inside. Yoongi wasn't feeling any better either. The frown on his face is even more visible when a sudden feeling in his gut hit him like a truck. Something feels wrong.

"Hey, Tae... Do you feel it?" He lightly nudges the younger on his rib cage with his elbow, causing the younger to freak out a little inside.

"Am I... supposed to feel something?" He sends the black haired male a questioning glance and turns around again, looking for anything that might catch his attention. Yoongi's brows knit together as he scratches his head. He's sure that something is wrong. He's having this weird feeling that... someone is staring at them.

"There's nothing here, hyung. We should go, it's so cold I think my fingers are falling off." The brunette tugs on his sleeve,

"This way, right?" Yoongi nods at his pointed finger. But just as the younger was about to move again, he stops him. Putting his left arm over the latter's belly and his index finger to his own lips.

"Did you hear that?" He says, barely a whisper but still audible to Taehyung. The latter try to listen more carefully but still hears nothing. Just as they were about to shrug it off, a weak whimpering caught Yoongi's attention. He stands frozen, making the younger look at him in confusion, but soon he follows the sound carefully.

The whimpering can soon be recognized as very weak 'help me's, giving him a very strong urge to run. But his gut feeling tells him not to, and he listens. The younger is still very confused as they move towards the opposite direction of their destination.

Seeing his hyung all cautious and quiet is scary. He wants to ask about what is going on so badly, but the last thing he wants right now is for his hyung to get mad or annoyed.

As they move closer and closer to the continuous whimpering, Taehyung becomes more cautious because he's starting to hear the voice now. He frowns at a point when he can hear the voice clearly, which is weirdly quite familiar. He looks up from the ground and scans through the trees, hoping to find what he thinks it is. And he did.

"H-hyung! Look! It's Jungkook!"He pulls on Yoongi's shirt and starts dragging him towards the tree Jungkook is on.

"Jungkook!" The boy on the tree looks down at them and slowly cracks a smile. "Jump!" Taehyung shouts at him and puts his hands out.

Jungkook weakly pushes himself off the branch, falling and landing right into Taehyung arms making the boy let out a little 'oof' before placing him down.

Taehyung gasps at the boy. His eyes are red, eye bags are visible, lips are dry and chapped, and his skin is so dry that he can see little cracks. He's also shaking really hard. He looks like he's dying.

"Jesus- you look horrible! We need to get you out of here right now. Don't worry, we'll get you fixed up as soon as we arrive at the house." Yoongi reassures and pats him on his shoulder before crouching down in front to offer him a piggyback ride.

Jungkook politely declined his offer, however. He forces his weak, wobbling legs to stand back up, groaning a little in the process.

"Tae- Taehee- w-we need to f-find her-" The words come off his mouth shakily because of his chattering teeth. His attempt on walking without support fails miserably as his legs give out making him fall to his knees.

He hisses at the pain. He tries standing back up again and fails.

"Jungkook-ah, there's no way you can possibly find her in this state. You might get hypothermia if you don't warm yourself up soon. We need to get you home this instant." Yoongi tries to reason with him, but knowing the maknae, his stubborn self would definitely not listen.

"Jeon Jungkook. I'm not repeating myself. We're going back right now. I'll come back out to look for them once I get my food and tools. And plus, I'm pretty sure she'll be safe since the fox is there with her. I'm sure he'll protect her. So let's go now, okay?"

The boy nods at his hyung and lets them support him with his arms over their shoulders as they walk. His mind had been a mess for a while now, with only one question fully occupying his thoughts.

Is she safe?