18

Just before Jungkook could say those words to her, Jimin jumps in out of nowhere onto Taehee's lap -making Jungkook back away instinctively- and wags his tail as he nuzzles into her tummy.

Taehee was still in her frozen state, but soon, her crimson red cheeks retain its original color, and she giggles at how cute Jimin is snuggled up against her.

Jungkook groans internally. He was so close. So close to finally admitting his love for her but this sly fox had to jump in and ruin everything for him.

He's beyond frustrated.

A frown is visible on his face as he glares at the hyped up fox. However, he quickly switches his frown to a smile when Taehee asks, "Jungkook? Are you okay? You don't look well."

"Oh, I'm fine!" 

"You... were going to tell me something?"

"Uh... No- I-It's not that important, I'll just tell you some other time." He scratches his nape awkwardly while throwing a few glances at the fox who stares back at him.

"It's kinda chilly out here, let's head back inside." He suggests and gestures towards the door. She nods and lightly pushes Jimin off her lap before standing up and heading inside.

The two remained outside, nonetheless, they send each other death glares, none intending on breaking away.

"You! You did that on purpose didn't you!" Jungkook hollers, pointing at the fox with his index finger, exasperated. Jimin doesn't give him any reaction and just stared into his eyes. It's wasn't until when Taehee pokes her head out of the ajar door that they break their eye contact.

"Aren't you two coming in?" She asks cutely.

Jimin's tail starts wagging again at the sight of her. He waddles over to her, following her into the house. Jungkook watches the happy fox and groans, messing up his once handsomely styled up hair.

"AISH! THAT FOX!"

__

They're having a movie night again.

After an intense debate, Taehyung and Yoongi had won the horror genre by rock, papers, scissors; leaving Hoseok in defeat as he sticks close to Taehyung on the floor. Taehee is on the couch with Jimin on her lap and Yoongi beside her, followed by Jungkook.

Jimin is terrified. He snuggles closer to Taehee, who had her hoodie over her head, bracing herself for any jump scares.

Yoongi being Yoongi, he slept on Jungkook's shoulder before the movie even started.

Throughout the whole movie, screams, shouts, and whimpers filled the whole house. Even so, Jungkook wasn't bothered by the noise.

He's too deep in his thoughts on how to properly confess to Taehee and make up for his missed chance. He would occasionally turn his head to look at her, then at the fox snuggled up against her comfortably.

That fox...

Ever since he had been told that the fox understands human language, he had been extra aware of it. After all the events that had happened since he was here, he is almost convinced that Jimin is actually a human in the form of a fox.

It kind of scared him a little.

How the fox nods, listens attentively, obeys, and how he actually stopped him from confessing.

He is definitely not just any ordinary fox.

__

The next day, Taehee, Yoongi, Jimin, and Jungkook all stood outside as they wait for Hoseok to finish packing his things. It didn't take long for him to appear, carrying his bags with a sorrowful expression.

He really doesn't want to leave his best friend, but he had no choice.

Taehyung moves over and carries one of his bags for him, trailing behind him as he slowly walks over to his car. After placing the luggage in the trunk, he turns around -in the brink of tears- and runs over to hug Taehee, squeezing her tightly and crying out loud.

No one was surprised by his sudden actions, in contrast, they all move in for a group hug -even Yoongi.

"I'm sorry, Taehee-yah. I have to leave now." He mumbles as he sobs. Taehee gently pats his back and shakes her head.

"It's okay, Hobie. I'm fine. Just be safe, okay?" She slightly moves away from him and reaches out to wipe his tear-stained cheeks. Forcing a smile on his face, he gently pats her on her head before turning to the others to give them hugs too.

"Jungkook-ah. The next time I see you, I want to hear you proudly calling my best friend your girlfriend. You hear me?" He whispers as he hugs the younger male.

"I'll try my best, hyung."

Jimin is next. He crouches down and pats the fox on his head lovingly. He laughs as flashbacks of their first encounter comes to his mind.

A lot has changed indeed.

"Jimin-ah~ I know you've always been good. Keep it that way and try not to make Taehee mad, okay? And also, if there's a snakeu or any other dangerous animals, remember to protect her, okay? You promise?" Jimin nods and sits up, intending a salute. Hoseok smiles and pats him one last time before standing back up.

"I WILL MISS YOU HYUNG!" Just as he stood up, Taehyung came immediately, shouting right at his face.

"ARGH! NO! DIRTY WATER ON MY FACEU! "

__

Everyone seems to be down without the sunshine in the house.

Yoongi is quietly working on his music, Taehee is typing in her story plot, and Jungkook is playing on his phone. Taehyung was playing around with Jimin, but soon they both got bored.

Taehyung pouts seeing that everyone in the house being so serious. And then, an idea comes to his mind;

"Hey, everyone! How about we go explore the forest over there?!"