2

Beep- Beep- Beep- Beep-

Taehee grunts at the ear-piercing sound of the alarm clock and twists around in her bed before shutting it off. She was about to walk into the bathroom when she notices her ajar window. She walks over and opens it, allowing the morning breeze to leave gentle kisses on her face. Stretching, she closes her eyes as she takes in a deep breath before smiling to herself;

Ahh... I've never been in such good mood in mornings.

When she opens her eyes again, however, something catches her eyes. A creature with bright orange and white fur was there beside a tree right outside of the forest. The fox silently stares at her. She feels shivers running down her spine when they made eye contact, and quickly shuts the window.

Well, that was creepy.

Her sudden grumbling stomach reminds her of her hunger, and she quickly makes her way to the bathroom to wash herself up.

__

The frizzling sound created by the hot pan filled the kitchen accompanied by the sweet smell of bacon. Taehee softly hums a song as she prepares her breakfast. But then-

"ARRGGGHHH!"

The sudden appearance of a fox's head outside the window surprised her, making her stumble and accidentally burn her arm. She moans in pain as she lightly brushes her fingers across the burnt area. Then, clanging sounds make her snap her head towards the source of the sound.

The fox had managed to jump into the kitchen, knocking things over on his way in. Terrified, Taehee tries to scoot away from it, but it doesn't stop making it's way closer to her.

Finally having no way to run, she stops when she has her back pressed up against the wall. She stares at the fox helplessly and shuts her eyes tightly, bracing herself for whatever's going to happen.

Whatever scenario she pictured in her head didn't happen.  Instead, she feels a soft, wet substance glide across her arm. She slowly opens her eyes, only to see the fox licking the burnt area on her skin. Speechless, she quietly stares at it. Finally able to see the fox up close, she had just realized how beautiful it actually is. It's seemingly soft, orange fur glows in the sunlight. And its eyes glow a deep shade of brown. The way it slightly wags its tail is graceful and gorgeous.

What she notices next is what she least expected to see. On the fox's neck, dangles a silver chain. There seem to have carvings on it, but she's too afraid to reach out to it. The fox raises its head to look at her for a while before it turns around, ready to jump up onto the counter.

"Wait!" She can't help but stop it. It turns to silently look at her in the eyes.

"Thank you..." She mutters softly. The fox didn't move a muscle. It stares at her with its beautiful eyes for a little while and turns around to jump out of the kitchen.

Taehee looks down at her wound, and she's surprised to find that the once irritated area of her skin is now almost healed. She jolts up from her sitting position and rushes over to the window, frantically looking around for any sign of the fox. Fairly quickly, she spots it gracefully walking back into the woods. She places her hand on her chest and heaves a sigh of relief,

"Thought I was dead for sure."

__

Staring at the blank screen before her, the girl shuts her eyes out of frustration and bangs her head on the table in front of her.

"Aishhh! Stupid writer's block!"

Sighing for the Nth time, she decides to take a walk outside, not forgetting to shut her laptop and charge it before strolling over to the closet to grab her sunhat. She made sure to shut and lock all the windows and doors before heading out.

Stepping outside, she is greeted by a gentle breeze along with the faint scent of flowers. She feels refreshed almost immediately. Her worn out eyes relax as she walks down the narrow road surrounded by the huge field of flowers.

She stretches her arms out to embrace the breeze and takes a deep breath as she closes her eyes. But they pop open when she feels something soft and furry against her feet. She is paralyzed as fear washes over her body and soul. Her body tenses. She's too afraid to even move a single muscle.

The furry thing doesn't seem like it's planning to leave anytime soon. Clenching onto her dress, she shuts her eyes tightly and slowly moves her head to face the furry thing and opens her eyes slightly. When no orange came to her vision, she flutters them open. 

There snuggled up against her feet is a rabbit as white as snow. She breaks into a smile as she squeals and picks it up, excited to see such an adorable creature. Her fits of giggles and laughter fill up the field as she ruffles and cradle the rabbit. She's so excited, that she didn't notice...

She didn't notice fox who's watching her from afar.