Analytical Essay

Some readers, or most, don't give a damn about thematic messages or even how much an author cares about them or the characters. Some perhaps acknowledge them at best and move on. These are the same people, in accordance with Blooming Passion, that are literally just here to read about OneRepublic. That's it. Those people probably aren't even reading this. But there are some of you who do care. Maybe even to the extent that I do. Interested readers, perhaps, but those that care so much might sympathize because they are also writers. True writers, or even aspiring writers, make some effort to add messages and importance to their creations, their art. This is fact.

Now that I'm done talking so much about that (there's much more here so prepare yourselves), I'll move on. The title "analytical essay" makes it seem more boring than it is. Or maybe this really is boring. But I'm writing it for me...kind of. I'm also sort of bored myself and wanted to expand on the idea of my caring so damn much. Me explaining myself in that this is so much more than a simple fan fiction. After all, the one concert mentioned in three books was literally revolutionary.

Speaking of revolution, I'm going to start with the roots of that. Revolution needs a cause. You can't have a reform without something to reform - like government. Corrupt government especially. Take the famed dictatorship, for instance. An authoritarian state, an autocracy, totalitarianism, a police state, internal terrorism, or whatever you wish to call it. This is one of the biggest messages of the Blooming Passion trilogy as a whole. I drew inspiration from real and fictional dictatorships alike (like Hitler and the Nazis or Big Brother from George Orwell's novel 1984). Though I primarily took my ideas from Donald Trump - the tangerine buffoon currently leading the United States of America. Not only is it something that I'm living through and thus makes it easier to write about, but his radical ideals and the policies of his party are so like a dictatorship, it's actually terrifying when you step away from his reality TV persona. I mean, Hitler was brilliant, one can admit. He was a super smart guy [I say this as someone who's studied both psychology and history and am going to in college - he really was]. So who the hell is this brainless ass? One can't help but take the guy with small hands reaching for the big red button that can blow the world up and put some of him into my own terrorist-esque dictatorship. Carter [whose name I'm going to change in the future, most likely] wasn't exactly a good leader either - once he was shown without his forced composure, he was a shred of a man. Forget the fact that the terrorists tortured him - there were implications that there was hardly anything there to begin with. He and his administration (in which a whole branch is picked by the President as well) did get taken over in the first place. Though, to conclude this point, it not only reflects the horrors real countries less fortunate have to go through (i.e. the Cleansing is similar to stuff dealt with elsewhere), but the fallibility of dictatorships themselves. The people are bound to rebel. Speaking of the people...

When given good reason and when banded together, the strong will of a nation's people can destroy those who violate human rights. America, late 1700s. France, late 1700s. Haiti, late 1700s to early 1800s. Ireland. Various Latin American countries. Russia and eastern Europe. Various South Asian/Middle Eastern countries. You name it. Now, some of these revolutions ended badly and some of these countries are still under some form of oppression. If you're like France, you're definitely bipolar (je suis désolé, France). Nonetheless, it is the effort that counts - truly. Don't succeed? Try another time. I mean, seriously, France is good at this. So are other countries. And usually it takes some blood (or a lot if you happened to invent the guillotine. Sorry again, France) and a lot of toil. For a revolution, the one in my book was cut really short. My point, though, is that reforming a country is undoubtedly hard. Organizing a rebellion, especially when one runs the risk of getting caught, takes bravery and courage (and luck. A lot of luck). But if that will to take back the rights of man succeeds, the toil and bloodshed is, of course, worth it. And it's important to take that message away with anything.