Genin

Today was the day that young children would officially become ninja, they would become Genin. It was always Akira's dream to become a great ninja like her parents, so of course she would get up extra early to quickly eat in the morning—even if she didn't really want to.

As usual she looked at herself in the mirror, fixing up her eyepatch and looking at the mess that she was.

Today is the day she thought as she looked at her family picture, it was the day that her sisters had graduated from the academy. They were all smiling brightly, her parents were beyond proud that day, Akira recalled. Very soon Akira would be the one who would graduate—the only difference was that she would be alone. There would be no family picture, there would be no family missions, no more family training.

She dismissed her thoughts before she began to spiral and quickly looked in her freezer to see many bags, all labeled something different, they were different body parts.

She randomly grabbed a small plastic bag and opened its remains, she quickly looked at it in disgust but forced herself to grab the arm. Slightly trembling, she forced herself to bite the cold flesh.

Thank you for the food she mentally thanked whoever had sacrificed their life for the meal.

~

"Early..." mumbled Akira, her full stomach making her sleepy. She was currently on her way to school, deciding to take the scenic route since she had woken up earlier.

"It is early, isn't it?" Said somebody from behind, it was none other than Sasuke Uchiha, the guy Akira wanted nothing to do with.

Damn him I just want to be alone thought Akira bitterly before looking back at the boy. She was also afraid that she smelled of blood from her recent meal or that she had flesh in her teeth. Still, she shook those thoughts away when she recalled the many times she checked herself in the mirror.

"Why are you here?" Akira asked him straightforwardly, not wanting to stick around his kind at the moment.

"I'm just walking to the academy," explained Sasuke, walking on, completely unbothered.

Akira, however, wasn't buying it, she knew exactly what he was doing, "I'm not your damn bodyguard, that kind of service costs money," Akira said, thinking that he would get the gist and leave her be.

"Are you saying that if I pay you, you'll be my bodyguard?" Asked Sasuke with his famous Uchiha smirk. If he could get that girl then his fangirls would surely leave him alone, he thought.

"No," She stated, ignoring his smirk "but I would appreciate it if you would leave me alone"

"Hmph, you're always alone, why not a change," he said, now walking next to the girl, she surely did not appreciate it either. She didn't like how he was trying to befriend her. Others might've viewed it as a blessing for Sasuke to open up to somebody—especially after his clan was murdered—but Akira viewed it as a curse to be picked.

"I wasn't always alone, anyways why is the famous Sasuke even talking to me?" She asked sarcastically. It was very weird for him to talk to anybody, willingly anyways.

"Because you keep the fangirls away," he bluntly states, Akira liked his honesty with her, not many people were honest these days.

"They better stay away," she glared at nothing in particular and continued walking forward, ignoring the boy next to her and just enjoying the peacefulness. At least he wasn't too much of an annoyance.