Prolouge

"Mommy! Daddy! Look!" Yelled a 6 year old girl from across the field, activating her clans unique Kekkei Genkai and slashing the trees in half.

Back when the ghouls had nothing to worry about, back when she still had a happy childhood.

"That's good Aki, you're doing great at controling your Kagune," comments her mother, smiling at the beaming girl, proud as could be. The little girl had something special in her, she just knew that her daughters would all become amazing people.

"You're doing better than me when I got my Kagune, you even got it at a young age, most people get their Kagune at the age of 10," said her father, smiling proudly at his daughter. Such compliments from her father were frequent, but this one was different—this was perhaps the most importantly kept memory for the young girl.

"Yeah, well I'm special," responded the innocent girl, sitting in the middle of the field with her parents, under the sun as the cool breeze blew her snow-like hair.

If only the ghouls could live in peace.

~

Beep... beep... beep...

"So early," the white haired girl groaned, rolling out of bed and landing with a hard thump.

Stupid bed, she glared at nothing in particular, her dream had put her in a dreadful mood and she no longer had the energy to try and look decent for the academy.

But do I really care? She thought, looking at the bird's nest which she called hair. She decided to just quickly brush it and let it loose like she always did. It wasn't like she had anyone to impress anyways.

Unlike the academy girls that woke up at the crack of dawn to shampoo and condition their hair only to be ignored.

Akira chuckled slightly at her thoughts as she brushed her teeth. At least she wasn't desperate.

It was early in the morning, the sun barely rising and the stores began to open up, ready to start the day. People were usually tired, with huge bags under their eyes and lazily walking towards their destination, but that was never Akira. She had grown accustomed to the chirping of the birds and the light breeze that would often carry the smells of the horrible food that humans would make. Despite those little things, she had grown to like getting up in the morning, it was the only time it was ever quiet.

Before academy she walked to the Hokage's office to make sure that she was healthy. In other words, it was to make sure she ate enough to not go berserk in a public space. Despite not being human, she couldn't bear being ghoul either.

She hated eating, she hated everything about herself, her own existence made her want to do unthinkable things. Perhaps it was the hatred that others had for her or perhaps it was her past that made her hate herself. Maybe it was both, but for some reason she just couldn't stand herself.

She was neither human nor ghoul, belonging to nothing.

She didn't think much of it either, she never did try anything to change the way she felt, she just went with it.

"Keep on walking and don't look at her"

"Never ever talk to her"

"She'll eat you"

"She's a monster, stay away from her"

I hate myself too you hypocrites she glanced down and just kept on walking. Hearing all those words made her hate herself even more, if that was even possible. She knew that she should probably seek help, but she couldn't help but to feel like she deserved this harsh treatment—she was a monster after all.