The Yandere within

Dusk and his new friend slept soundly that night. It was midnight, Shine woke up. She sighed.

"What's with me today?" She asked herself.

" You're a useless little brat! "

Shine held back her tears as the memory flooded back.

" SCOUNDREL! "

" YOU BRING SHAME TO US! "

"Mom...dad....why?" Shine let her tears fall down.

"Hello there." A male voice called out. "What's the matter?"

"Who are you? Show yourself at once!" Shine demanded as she took out her knife.

And out came a Gengar. The shiny eevee backed away, terrified.

"Aww, little girl wanna cry? I thought you were brave." The purple Pokemon teased.

"The names Night." He reached out his hand to the terrified eevee.

"I know who you are. You're not going to trick me this time. I know the deal. " Shine said bravely.

"Hey, I'm your friend. Why would I ever trick you, Shine?"

" First, I don't have any. Secondly, we just met a few hours ago right after the attack."

"Then who's that?" He pointed at Dusk who was still sleeping.

"He's just...He's just here for a while." Shine said, avoiding eye contact with Night.

"Isn't that the prince?" Night asked.

"What? Prince? I-I how should I know!?" She struggled to pick her words.

"It is! I know that face! Come on, kill him!" Night said darkly.

"Wh-what? B-but I-- why can't you just do it yourself!? "

" I would but... Flamethrower's orders. You want to be loved again, right? Do it. " Night demanded, his mischievous smile changed into a demon-like one.

" I t-tried but... "Shine can't say it out. She frozed.

"You failed!?" Night scolded, enough to make the whole forest Pokemon wake up.

"Sh-Shine? What's going on?" Dusk said, yawning.

" You deserved to be punished, you useless twerp! " The gengar walked closer to Shine who was trembling. She was defenseless . Dusk's eyes widened.

Just as Night was about to attack Shine, Dusk ran to him and tackled him to the ground.

" Don't hurt Shine, you meanie!" He shouted.

"Tch... Don't you know that she's here to--"

" NO!!! " Shine shouted as she used hyper voice. It does not have affect that much on the ghost type.

"Here to what? " Dusk said, eyes widened. He looked at Shine who was sweating nervously and breathing heavily.

" The heavy breathing, it is going to take over soon. " Night said with a huge grin as he disappeared into the shadows.

Dusk was shocked. Who was that? Why did he try to attack Shine? What does he meant by it? So many questions filled his head

" A-are you okay, S-Shine? " Dusk asked.

"......"

"S-Shine?" Dusk asked again, but shivering.

" D-Dusk.....run. I-it's coming!" Shine looked at the eevee, eyes as red as blood.

Dusk backed away. "Shine?" He asked.

"RUN!!!" Shine shouted. An evil giggle escaped her mouth. She took out her knife and aimed at Dusk. Shine threw the knife. Dusk dodged it. It was a close call.

" Shine, what's wrong with you?" Dusk asked worriedly.

" Hehehe....not gonna run? You've just made my job much easier. " Shine said as she picked up her knife and threw it at Dusk again. This time it hit Dusk in the eye.

He winced in pain. Dusk shouted for help but it was no use. He is trying to resist the pain in his bleeding eye.

" It's no use, Dusk. Now, you'll be in a better place. " Shine held on her knife. She threw it but Dusk dodged it.

Dusk understood by what Shine meant by 'run'. He ran and ran. He hid behind a bush.

" Dusk~ You can run but you can't hide~ " Shine called out. A chill went down Dusk's spine.

" I can sense you trembling in fear. " Shine said.

Out of nowhere, Night popped out and tackled Shine to the ground.

"Ugh,release me!" Shine struggled to escape but failed.

" Dusk, is it? You can come out. She's down. " Night said reassuringly.

" I don't trust you. " Dusk said.

" She's not going to hurt you. "

Dusk came out, shivering and one paw covering his eye.

Night used a leaf to make an eyepatch for Dusk. Dusk thanked him.

"N-Night... why is she like this?" Dusk asked.

"This is Dark Shine. She takes control of Shine from time to time. She is dangerous and she really needs to be destroyed before she could cause more and more damage." Night said.

"B-but Shine..."

"She's not here right now. I'm sorry." Night said.

VShine glared at Dusk.

"When I get my paws on you I'll kill you and eat you for dinner." She said evily. Dusk's ears drooped in fear and was followed by a gulp.

" Is there any way to bring her back? " Dusk asked.

" Currently...not. But it will ware off soon,that's for sure." Night said.

" So, she could be like this any time? " Dusk asked.

"Grr..." Shine growled. She thought for a second, then came up with a plan. She had a mischievous smile on her face.

"She's planning something." Night said.

"Planning what?" Dusk asked.

To be continued...