Friends

I just nodded knowing my brain wouldn't cooperate with my mouth.

"Come on it's right on the end, I was late for school and didn't get a good spot" he was babbling and he knew it but I like his voice so much that I just let him continue.

Once on the way back to my house he turned the radio on and Don't stop believing began playing through his broken down speakers. I couldn't help but sing along, he soon joined in and we were blasting the song out at the top of our lungs not caring who heard or saw us.

"Thanks for the ride" I said quickly hoping to avoid the awkwardness that ensued when the song had ended in the car. "Its all right, you were a friend in need and I'm just a friend helping a friend"

I just nodded and waved goodbye before stepping inside and running up to my room knowing my dads would want me to talk about my school days and they are the only ones who know when I am lying, well, except Finn.

Is it just my insecurities or did he say that we were friends so much it made it sound like he was trying it make a point? If he was that was a bit mean, but I know we are friends I jut want to be more than friends, that's all.

Defying gravity was suddenly blaring from my phone and I was so startled I fell of the bed.

What if it's Finn?

What if he broke up with Quinn?

What if he regrets calling us just friends?

I kept running different scenarios through my mind hoping at least one of them would happen.

I then realised that I still needed to answer so I grabbed my phone, I quickly hit accept not bothering to check the caller ID and I instantly heard yelling. My heart dropped, so did my hopes of it being Finn.

"Hey Santana" I scream into the phone as she shouts so loud that she is unable to hear the opposite end.

"How was detention you bad, bad girl?" she ask tauntingly, sometimes I wonder how we even became close, I would say friends but I don't think we have gotten that far yet.

"It was amazing" I gush thinking over my past hour and a half.

"Excuse me?" she asks.

"So you do have manners" I say teasingly.

"Don't change the topic, what was so amazing about detention?" she asked me sternly, I wanted to say I wasn't a child but didn't think the time was right.

"Finn got a detention for punching Puck and then he drove me home" I say smiling to myself as I pace my room.

"Why did he punch Puck?"

"Finn said To me that he thought Puck wasn't good enough for me" I say giggling like a little school girl.

"Well I think he still loves you"

"I don't thinks so" I say frowning slightly. "Why not?" she asks arrogance laced in her words. "He said I was his friend like three times in one sentence"

"Berry, listen up, I am never going to be this nice again so listen carefully" she says clearly showing that she is not messing about. I nod, but then realise she can't see me so I mumble an okay.

"You and Finn are meant to be together, you are endgame, you are just perfect, so much that it irritates me, anyway as I was saying, even Quinn can't keep you apart and I know that, you know that, everyone knows it and even Quinn, deep down, knows that so don't you dare give up on him now"

I never knew she had such depth.

"Are we friends?" I blurt out involuntarily. I can't take it back now.

"Berry didn't I make it clear that I care about you in that speech" she says sounded exasperated.

"So.." I trail off.

"Yes, yes we are friends"