Denial is the best form of lying

"No freakin' way" Santana laughed, almost cynically. "Santana" I hiss, surprised that she would interrupt such a heartfelt, vulnerable moment. I don't know why I'm so surprised though. Maybe deep down I feel that she actually possesses a heart.
Emotionally, I mean.
"While we're at it-I have something to say" she says standing dramatically.
"I don't think-"
"Nonsense Berry. I must say this" she says quickly cutting me off. I just know that this is going to end in a slap.
"I am completely in love with Quinn too!" She says with heavy sarcasm.
"I just don't understand what's so perfect about little Quinny here!" she yells through clenched teeth. "She is just so perfect and happy and have you seen that smile?!" she exclaims pointing directly at Quinn's face whilst pacing the room. I have the explicit urge to go and hug her. I know there is more to this than meets the eye. Finn hasn't moved and I'm not sure what his view on all of this is. "San I think you should sit down and calm down" I say calmly standing up. She turns towards me, her eyes glistening with the threat of tears, I can see the pain and confusion pretty much falling away with her guard. "Puck, I'm sorry. I don't know what got into me" she laughs emptily before leaving quietly. "No you don't Puck" Quinn denies whilst standing shakily after minutes of silence due to the outburst. "Yes I do!" he exclaims sincerely. "I love you and if you don't feel the same please just tell me" he says slowly, obviously trying to avoid tears. "I-"
She turns to me. I don't want her to lose him because of me. I can clearly see the desperation and panic in her orbs. I know she wants me to have my happy ending because she didn't get hers but now that hers is in reach, she blatantly feels conflicted. I silently nod my head as if to say that I'm okay with either. Which I'm not.
"I don't love you" she says with a broken voice. She now also owns a broken heart. I can feel the guilt creep into me and I know it's going to be staying for a while. "You don't?" he asks with a mirrored tone. "I don't" she confirms strongly. After her comment the room is thrown into silence. The uncomfortable silence that tends to occur when your friends mention something in front of your parents that you don't want them to know.
Suddenly the school bell brings us all back to painful reality. I let Quinn walk out alone knowing she wants to be alone. "Are you okay?" I ask carefully placing a hand on his shoulder. "My best friend just confessed his love for my girlfriend. Of course I'm okay" he sates sarcastically. The word girlfriend still makes me want to believe that he's referring to me. "Do you love her?" I ask keeping my gaze on the ceiling to avoid tears. I slowly remove my hand from his arm and I instantly feel cold, incomplete. "I love you not Quinn" he says slowly. "I'm sensing a but" I say anxiously. "But Quinn is my girlfriend" he says as if I'm four. "now I'm sensing an and"
"And you really hurt me"
"Quinn is probably hurting right now. Santana is hurting right now. Puck is hurting right now. I'm hurting right now. We all hurt Finn, but we have to get on with our lives and we have to get over it" I can feel the salty tears drip down my face as I yell at him. "Rachel-"
"And if your being honest with yourself you would realise that I didn't hurt you first. Quinn hurt you long before I had a chance but I guess it's true. You can forgive your first love anything." I'm almost screaming now.
Thankfully the recent bell signalled the end of school.
"You are my first love!" he yells standing before me. I feel so small with his body towering over me. "Then why can't you forgive me?" I whisper, my voice muffled with tears. "It's too hard. Forgiving Quinn was easy because I just had to block it out but what you did is stuck in my mind. Day in day out" he says hoarsely before storming out. Not before kicking the chair to his right. "It was just a kiss." I whisper hoping that he would hear. But I think it's a lost cause. I think we're a lost cause now.