“Right, like I could compare to you,” I rolled my eyes, walking behind her as we went towards the lounge room, “We’ll have to go soon but, oh my, I can’t believe we are actually going to see them” I squealed, having another little jumping fit.

Alayna smiled too, her face seeming to bright as she clapped and jumped with me but her eyes held something else. It was something a best friend should poke at but something screamed inside my head that I didn’t want to. It said I didn’t want to wreck this perfect moment of total happiness before the best day of your life. Leave it as the thought that this day couldn’t get any better. At first I tried to leave it alone too, convincing myself that if she wanted to talk about it she would but knowing the person she is, the fact that she didn’t look truly happy always hung around in the air.

I opened my mouth to ask her about it but just as the sound came out ‘One thing’ started playing, Alayna’s favourite One Direction song. So in hope to make her that little bit happier about today, I turned the music up to its original loudness and pulled her to the middle of the room. I made her dance with me, sing out lungs and giggle as I got every sixth word wrong because I couldn’t hold my own laughter back.

A different song suddenly washing out the words of One Direction made me stop dead in my tracks. Looking around I couldn’t find the source and for it seemed like Alayna couldn’t either. I looked around the room, even deciding to stop the music to try and find it while Alayna pat down her pockets, pulling out her Blackberry. She gave me an apologetic smile and I just waved her on, putting the music back on but softer. Making her tone stop, Alayna looked at the screen with concern. It stayed that way for about a second before her face broke into a smile, quickly texting out a reply.

“Sophie, we kind of have to go,” she point to an imaginary clock on her wrist, “We stayed here a little longer than planned” she pulled up her phone, showing me the time.

Five o’clock! Damn straight we had stayed here a little longer than planned. It would take us half an hour to get to the arena and the show is at six, we were never going to get good seat at this rate. I grabbed my own phone and wallet without thinking, turning off my music in one fluid movement. I didn’t even bother with socks or putting my shoes on for that matter, I simply grabbed my converse and keys at the same time and ran towards the door.

“Come on Alayna, we are already late!” I put the keys in the lock ready to shut it as soon as she stepped through.

I had been right, I didn’t want to be but I had been right. There was no way I was going to get to the stage with the amount of screaming girls that already stood outside the arena. I groaned as Alayna had to go all the way to back of the car park to get a spot, finding people still lined up out here while more were walking towards. I looked back in the car, trying to find something else to distract me because I couldn’t look at the depressing turn of events. Alayna gave a weak smile, turning into what seemed to be the only empty spot we could find.

“Hey, at least the tickets have seat allocated” she stepped out of the car, her tone sounding not as thrilled as I thought it would have.

“Yea,” I pulled the tickets out of my wallet, “Um, don’t look so bummed but… I don’t know how I forgot this… but Alayna, we’re in the second row” I looked over the tickets, unable to keep the smile off my face.

My laughter broke the awkward silence of the car park. How could I have been so stupid? Forgetting that our seat were in the second row didn’t just slip someone’s mind.

“You didn’t read the tickets properly when you got them, did you?” she gave me evil eyes before rolling her eyes and shaking her head.

“Oh my, I don’t believe it, I really don’t. I’m so sorry Alayna” I couldn’t help jumping again.