Chapter Four

Sophia POV

Back in my own apartment I waited for Alayna to walk through the door with one of the biggest smiles on her face in the history of smiles for her. Today was the day, today was the day I got to walk into the arena with my best friend and see One Direction on stay. I was nearly jumping out of my skin. ‘When he opens his arms and hold you close tonight, it just won’t feel right’, ‘More Than This’ played from the surround on TV and even with the slow beat I managed to just around to it. I swayed and dance, sung into my hair brush and multiple different deodorant cans and my flat iron but the jumping always came back around as my jitters came back around.

As the song ended and ‘Another World’ came on my jumping become more necessary, given a stronger beat to move to. The erratic arm movements along with moving my head with the jumps just fell into place. I continued my crazy dance around the room, doing a complete lap before getting to my bathroom. I stop inside; my hairbrush held to my mouth as I belted out another line or two before brushing my fingers through the blond mess I called hair. It went down to my stomach, usually sitting in a semi straight manner that got tangled very easily, my jumping around making it so.

Mumbling along with the lyrics I study myself in the mirror one last time because I knew once Alayna got here I wouldn’t have a chance. The girl is the most non-vain person I know, only taking particular attention to covering up her beautiful face in foundation before straightening her as straight as she could get it. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the girl but she didn’t know what she was doing by hiding the natural beauty that hide under all the fake stuff she put herself through. Remembering my meditation, I pushed the negative thoughts away and tried to focus on the positive. I was going to One Direction today with my best friend who was beautiful no matter what. I got to see the five boys who were always beautiful and sung like angels.

Looking into the mirror I pulled at my One Direction t-shirt, fiddling with the hair tie I had to use at the back of it so I didn’t look like a really ill fitting cocktail dress. The shirt was white, with the boys put on it in different shades of grey, making my black jeans the perfect thing to put underneath it. The shirt may not fit extremely well but I focused on the outfit as a whole and found I was quite pleased with it. I had only use a little eyeliner to thicken my eyelashes, creating a good frame for the deep blues.

I almost didn’t hear the door bell as ‘I should’ve kissed you’ started, getting into the heavier beat straight away. Bouncing over to the door, I quickly turned the music down just a notch enough to hear if someone spoke to me in a normal tone. I didn’t want to have lost my voice before the concert even started. Jumping proved to be a better way to get around the apartment as I got to the door in little time, looking through the peep hole before opening the door.

“Hey… have the party started without me do you?” Alayna’s beaming smile welcomed me.

She stood before me in low cut blue jeans and a white blouse that she had tied as couple of buttons up from the true end, showing off the belly button piercing and the tops of hip piercings. Today, her fringe sat stick straight across her face while the rest was tied up in a high pony. Her make up was little, like mine, only thick eyeliner from what I could see but as she stepped into hug me I found the main amount of her hair fell in its natural waves. She had gone smart, leaving no chances to sweating off any master pieces. There was a soft edge to her chocolate brown eyes, a softness she usually gets when she wanted to tell me something but as we hugged I decided I didn’t want to push it.

“Nah, I’ve been listening to their music since the tickets came in the mail like a month ago” I pulled back.

“Okay,” she laughed, “Love the shirt” she stepped into the apartment.