Stake Out

On a bed in a little apartment in Manhattan, a teenage boy sat listening to music. His name was Percy Jackson, he had black messy hair, and sea green eyes. Now he knew that his life was strange, and he knew that because of his strange history the Government seemed to have an eye on him. 

Each person sent to spy on him had identification, to a particular tower in downtown New York City. And that's where Percy left them each time. His girlfriend, on Annabeth Chase, knew about this-her life was just as strange but she didn't have the Government on her tail. 

Percy was bored, Annabeth was away on a family trip, his mom was working on her books, and his stepdad was grading papers. He didn't want to watch TV and he felt restless, like something was going to happen and he didn't want to be home for it. That was never a good feeling.  

The teen got up and stretched, his black t-shirt rode up a little but fell back down. He grabbed his blue hoodie-which had a very particular pen in the pocket-and headed out. "I'm going to the park Mom, be back before too long." He called out before shutting the door behind him. 

On his way to the park he sighed, he felt the eyes on him. Again. 

He took casual glances at different windows, using the reflection. A few people stuck out-and kept sticking out no matter how far he walk. Okay, he thought, they sent more than one this time. 

Finally he got to the park, he kept walking though. Until he was in a place with almost no people. A tiny clearing by a lake. The same people were still around. 

Right over there was a guy wearing a baseball hat and stood just a bit too stiffly. And over on that bench was a girl who was glancing around just a little too casually. Then there was the guy in a suit talking on his phone as he paced. Just another busy business man talking on the phone right?

Wrong.

The man must be new to under cover business because he kept glancing at Percy and talking. But he wasn't really talking he was just moving his mouth. Okay that meant they all had ear pieces. Finally there was one guy who was acting like he was taking pictures but, what Percy saw was that he only held up the camera when Percy glanced at him, not even pointing it at anything that made sense.

A new group, who seemed to not take this very seriously. Or underestimated him.  

Percy felt a bit reckless, a bit restless, that wasn't a good combination. He turned to each of them-individually-and smirked. Then he waved. 

_-=-_

Following the boy from his house was simple enough. The group talked through their earpieces and chuckled to themselves over how oblivious the boy seemed. He looked in shop windows, nodded his head along to music playing through his head phones, and seemed to be completely unaware of the four people following him. 

The Avengers followed the boy all the way to the park. 

Nothing happened out of the ordinary, until the boy paused by the lake in the park. 

Percy, that was his name, turned around and seemed to look at all of the Avengers in turn, a smirk played on his lips, and he waved. 

They all went tense.

He then laid down on the ground, not paying them any attention.

Cocky bastard.

"Move in, slowly." Steve said through the ear pieces. So they did. And when they all were surrounding him from about eight feet away, the boy just opened his eyes to see them. He rolled them and closed them again. "Perseus Jackson you are coming with us." Steve stated calmly.