Because I Don't Want To

EDITED

Morgan's POV

I was actually able to convince my mom to let me stay with Zach instead of with the Anderson's. She knows Zach and his family and knows nothing bad or scandalous would happen there.

So here I am now, in Zach's room, hanging out with him. Me and Zach used to be really close until new friends kinda got in the way of our crazy bond.

We were watching Netflix, but now we are talking about completely random things.

"So how are you and Tommy going?" He questions me as I lay next to him on his bed, my legs firmly over his. All of my friends know about my boyfriend, and let's just say that's thy were not happy at first because of the fact that I kept him a secret 

"We're actually really good," I tell him with. Small smile on my lips. "I really like him and I think there's a chance of us really lasting."

"There's always a chance for every couple to really last," he replies. "But you guys look cute." He's seen Tommy pick me up from school once.

"Thanks, Zach. That means a lot."

"No problem. Any time. Now, my parents are going out in an hour or so. You wanna invite the gang over?"

"Woah," I drag out. "Shouldn't you be studying, bookboy? Don't wanna get an 89 on your next test, do ya?"

"Shut up." He rolls his eyes. "Just text them."

"Why can't you text them?" I ask.

"Because I don't want to," he responds simply.

"Wow. But you happen to be the one who wants to invite them over." He rolls his eyes again and nudges me lightly into the wall I am against on the bed.

"Whatever," he says. "Just text them already."

"K."

He groans. "You know I hate that in person just as much as in text."

"I know." I stick my tongue out at him and take my phone out of my back pocket, getting ready to text the gang in our group chat on Messenger. It just happens to be easier.

Me: Hey butts, get to Zach's house in exactly an hour.

Haley hops: you can't be meaning our Zach.

Jack: Zach is actually having people over?

Lyr-Lyr: Can't. Sorry dolls.

Me: it's okay Lyric. Yes, our Zach, Hal. And yes Jack, he is.

Jack: I'll be there. Are you?

Me: I sure am.

I am so glad that me and Jack are on good terms now.

Haley Hops: I'll come.

Benny: What's up with all the notifications blowing up my phone?

Haley Hops: Well maybe if you checked you would figure it out.

Benny: That's what I'm doing, dipwad.

Arianna: who is a dipwad? And foul language, Benny.

Benny: But you said the same thing. So language my ass.

Me: LANGUAGE Ben!

Lyr-Lyr: Y'all gonna have to stop 'cause y'all blowing up my phone.

Me: Sorry. Well, Ben and Arianna come to Zach's.

Benny: Okay.

Arianna: Our Zach? Okay. When?

Me: In an hour.

Arianna: Alright. See you guys there.

Benny: Likewise.

Me: Bye guys.

Haley Hops: Byes!

Benny: Bye-bye.

Arianna: Bye for now.

Lyr-Lyr: Bye y'all. Nice talk.

I stop texting after like fifteen minutes and turn to Zach who had been quiet that entire time, reading a book. Divergent.

"You didn't join in on the convo?" I ask him.

"I left the group."

My mouth drops and I check to see if he's correct. He did leave the group.

"Why?" I question.

"Ben gets sexual sometimes."

"Ahh. Yeah, that happens a lot."

"No kidding."

"Well they will all be here in an hour except Lyric," I tell him.

"Fine by me." He puts the book down after marking the page and gets up, making my legs drop to the bed.

I ask if it's okay to invite Tommy over and he says it's fine. He heads to his bathroom and shuts the door, leaving me to text my boyfriend.