I Know You More Than You Know Yourself

EDITED

Jack's POV

Morgan looks beautiful tonight. She is my weakness, she is what makes me soft. Everything she does makes me fall for her more.

"What are you thinking of getting?" I ask her. She hums to herself before answering with: "I think I'll get the pasta."

"Are you serious?" I ask her. "Get something a little more pricey and filling, Morgan."

"I'm fine with the pasta," she says then puts the menu down. The pasta is only nine dollars. She must think I'm stupid to let her get that. Mike comes back per and asks for our orders.

"I'll have the honey barbecue roasted steak with potatoes on the side and she'll have the well grilled chicken with potatoes as well. Coke for us both."

He writes that down then leaves and Morgan looks at me with her mouth slightly agape. "That grilled chicken costs like thirteen dollars, Jack. I told you I just wanted the pasta."

"No you didn't," I reply. "I know you more than you know yourself." She's quiet because she knows I'm right.

"I'm not afraid to spend money on you, Morgan," I tell her and take her hand in mine. She looks at my with a slight blush and as if something suddenly clicks in her head, she removes her hand from mine and a frown appears on my face. She avoids making eye contact with me. Did I do something wrong?

Soon, after quite a while of silence, the waiter comes back with our meals.

"Thank you," Morgan says as he places the plate in front of her then her soda.

"Thank you," I also say when he puts my order in front of me.

We eat quietly, neither of us wanting to bring up a conversation; it's awkward.

"Are you excited for school to end?" I finally ask her.

"Yes," she says with beaming eyes. I'm glad I could make the awkwardness go away. "My mom has been planning on taking me and Luke along with his father to Paris. I'm pumped."

"That sounds cool," I say. "Better than what I have planned."

A frown like mine not too long comes to her face. "Why's that? What do you have planned for the summer?"

"Nothing," I say honestly. "I've never been one for big trips and I really don't have money for that kind of stuff so I'll just stay at my place and chill, maybe throw a few parties."

"It doesn't sound too bad," comments Morgan.

"I guess not."

We continue eating until, about thirty minutes later, we are finished and we leave.

"That wasn't too bad," Morgan says as we slowly walk towards her car.

I chuckle. "Yeah, it was nice. We should do it again."

"Sure."

We stop walking and I don't know why, maybe it's because she looks so beautiful tonight or maybe it's because it's a great night, but I kiss her. I knew it was a wrong when she didn't kiss me back; instead she pulls away and runs the rest of the way to we car, unlocks it, and gets in hurriedly.

Why did I do that? I could have possibly just ruined our friendship.

I can't believe a girl literally just ran away from me.