I Need Your Number In Order To Text You, Silly

EDITED

Luke's POV

She's just your step sister, I tell myself.

But I can't help but have feelings for her.

Finding out that her and Tommy are for real together from her announcing it at the house to her mother broke me heart. Although I probably wasn't supposed I hear it, I heard it when they were in the kitchen and I was heading downstairs. And her mom is completely happy for her.

The fact that she doesn't feel the same way about me anymore makes me sad. But then I think, why be sad when there are other girls who would want to be with me?

The thought of having a girl on my arm that isn't Morgan makes me happy, but then sad at the same time.

I have huge feelings for her, so how am I supposed to make them go away? How did she make her feelings for me go away? Or did she even have any feelings for me in the first place?

"Hey," says Lyric as she comes up to me outside school in the parking lot since school is now over.

"Hey," I say back. "What's up?"

"I was wondering," she says, drawing a finger from my abdomen to my chest, "if you would like to join me in going to a party this Friday night?"

"Who's party is it?" I question.

"My cousin's," Lyric answers. "You don't know her; she goes to Brown's." Brown's is the only other high school in town.

"I'd love to. Just text me the information."

"I need your number in order to text you, silly,"

"Yeah, right." She gives me her phone, I type my number into her contacts, then hand her back her phone.

"See ya," she tells me and I wave before getting in my car and leaving.

I feel weird having Lyric talking to me just right after mine and Morgan's short thing, but then I think: We aren't doing anything. We are just going to one party together.

But it doesn't matter because Morgan has a boyfriend and I am single.

Morgan's POV

Tommy introduced me to some other friends of his that I have never met. Their names are Ashton and Calum.

"Nice to meet you pretty, lady," Calum had said. He was fairly attractive but not as attractive as Tommy.

"Any friend of Jack's, is a friend of ours," said Ashton.

"Pleasure to meet you both," I replied.

I drive home a few hours after being at Tommy's house to see Luke's car in the driveway. I really don't feel like communicating him at the moment but it was going to have to happen at some point; I couldn't not talk to him forever.

Andrew and my mom were home as well.

I get inside to be met with an empty living room. Less people to deal with right now, I guess.

I go up to my room, I open the door and shut it after going inside. I throw my bag on the bed and plop down beside it. Looking around my room, I sigh when I realize just how bored and tired I am already.