I Don't Think I Can Date Some Psychopath Stalker, Luke

EDITED

Morgan's POV

I can't believe Jack just kissed me! Is he trying to ruin our friendship?

But yet he doesn't even known that I am talking to anybody. So technically he didn't even do anything wrong.

When I get home, Luke isn't home. Where the hell is he? Why does everything have to be so weird today?

As I get ready for bed, I hear the front door open and close. Is that Luke?

After I'm done brushing my teeth, I pull my wet hair because of the shower I took not too long ago in a ponytail and go downstairs. There, Luke is in the kitchen sitting at the table, staring at it.

"Luke? Are you okay?"

"I thought nothing would happen between you and Jack," he replies then looks up to meet my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, confused.

"He kissed you," he says. "I saw, Morgan."

"Wait-" I say. "-did you follow me?"

"I had to make sure nothing was going to happen-"

"You had to make sure nothing was going to happen?!" I raise my voice. "You really are sick, aren't you? I can not believe you followed me."

"I was making sure I can trust you if we were to date, and-"

"Date? I don't think I can date some psychopath stalker, Luke. You ruined this sorta friendship right when it started. I'm done." I throw my hands up into the air then run up to my room, slamming my door shut.

I turn my light off before snuggling up into my covers. Luke has gone to a new kind of low. Stalking me to make sure I don't cheat on him in the future? That is pretty pathetic if you ask me. Now there is not going to be a future for us, like it should have stayed.

I jolt awake. The dream of Luke stabbing me dream felt way too real. Why did I have that dream anyway? It was crazy.

I look over at my alarm clock to see that it's 3:30 a.m. Man, why do I almost always have to wake up in the middle of the night. Can I not have a good sleep for just one night?

I throw the covers off of me and go downstairs. The kitchen light is already on. I almost go back upstairs because I think it's Luke in there but my mom's voice stops me.

"Why are you up sweetie?" She asks me from her position at the table with a mug in her hand, probably containing tea.

"I had a nightmare," I answer. "I don't think I'll be able to go back to sleep."

"I'm sorry, honey. I can make you some tea if you would like."

"I'm good," I tell her. "I'll just have a glass of milk."

"Okay," she responds.

I pour myself some milk then put the carton back in the fridge.

"So," I say as I take a seat across from her, "how was work?"

"It was alright, I guess. Not too bad," she says. "How was your day?"

"It was alright, I guess," I say, repeating her words. "Not too bad. I had dinner with Jack?"

"Jack, huh? He's a handsome boy."

"Not like that mom," I tell her. "He's my friend."

"Mmh."

After a few silent moments she smiles at me then says, "I'm going to go to bed, sweetie. Good night." She puts her mug in the sink then kisses my forehead and goes upstairs.

I continue drinking my milk as I think about random things. When I am finished, I put it in the sink, turn the kitchen light off then go back upstairs.

I was able to go back to sleep but I had the same nightmare. At 4:00 when I woke again, I stayed up, not wanting to experience the same dream for the third time.