Like There Will Be A Next Time

Morgan's POV

"Watch where you're going," Luke, my stepbrother, snaps after he bumps into me. I scoff at him and roll my eyes at the asshole teenager.

"I think you need to be telling yourself that," I reply. He scoffs back and exits the kitchen, heading to the hallway that leads to the stairs.

Luke Hemmings' father, Andrew, married my mother a few weeks ago after dating for ten and a half months. They actually just got back from their honeymoon last night and boy was I relieved. Luke and I barely spoke among ourselves before they got married, both mildly hoping the romance with fizzle out and we could go back to our normal lives alone with our parent even after Andrew and Luke invaded my living space. So whenever they were gone, it was a quiet house filled once in a while with bickering.

The idea of having a step brother made me want to curl up in a ball and stay in my room all the time. I was so freaked out. My mom promised me that it will be fine and I would have nothing to worry about, but as of now, I'm just wishing my mother would have found a guy to marry that didn't have any kids. I don't like Luke. I loved being the only child. I had enough friends to not feel lonely, and now I got to deal with a snobby boy everyday.

Enough about the home-life situation, let's get to what's going on, shall we?

I grab a banana from the fruit bowl on the counter and began peeling it as I take a seat at the kitchen table. "You really like putting things in your mouth, don't ya?" A voice whispers in my ear and I jump in surprise. I turn my body to find a smirking Luke, as I feel my cheeks start to heat up a bit.

"Only certain things," I tell him. "Now leave me alone. Why are you even talking to me; I thought you went upstairs?"

"Well obviously I'm not up there anymore. Maybe stay out of your head more and you'd have the brain to see what's going on around you."

I ignore his statement, pulling out my phone to check my Snapchat. Today is Sunday so we obviously have no school. Normally on the weekends I would drive to a friend's house, but for some reason my mom said I have to stay home today. I had groaned and stomped off like the two year old I am when she told me last night.

I start eating my banana.

"Out parents are going out tonight," Luke says after a while of silence.

"Like I care," I reply and he takes a seat across the table.

"You know, you have a really smart mouth." I take another bite out of my banana.

"Tell me something I don't know," I say.

I finish eating my banana and throw my peel away. As I turn around to leave, I am pushed up against the wall. I am startled.

"If we have to live together," Luke says with his face dangerously close to mine, "learn some respect."

"I could say the same for you," I say with as much fire in my eyes as him. We both look at each other, neither of us backing down from the stare. Luke's hands are on my waist and I swear I can feel tingles shooting up my body, but I dislike him too much to pay attention to it.

"Nice shoes," I finally say. Luke looks down. "Ha," I say, knowing I won.

Luke groans slightly as he looks up at me. "Next time," he says.

"Like there will be a next time," I reply.

"Oh, trust me, babe," he says, "there will." He lets go of me, backs up, then winks. My mouth is left wide open as he leaves the kitchen once again.