Chapter 14

*Ryder's POV*

She looked so peaceful bundled up in the blankets. After a while I was able to get her into the cabin last night. She wouldn't say what happened. When I kept asking she would just cry more. So I learned to keep my mouth shut and just try to calm her, eventually cried herself to sleep.

Andrew was still clinging to her, his little face was pressed into her chest. Her cheeks were stained with tears and her nose was still a slight pink.  I got out of bed realizing I was just staring at her.

Maybe I should make them breakfast since the sun is beginning to rise. Not wanting to go far from the cabin I headed out to the car to grab the bag of non-refrigerated food. Rummaging through the bag I finally found the dry pancake mix. Time to be top chef.

************************************
*Talia's POV*

I woke up to the smell of something burning. Oh boy, I wonder what Ryder is up to. I sat up carefully not wanting to wake the baby up.

I'm so thankful nothing happened last night. I'm still terrified of what could of happened and who it was. There's so many questions racing through my head  but I just want to get it off of my mind.

I slid out of bed and tucked Andrew back in. I bent down and kissed his forehead. Looking over to the kitchen area Ryder was whistling while cooking something that did not smell good at all. I shook my head and made my way over to him quietly.

He still hasn't noticed that I was awake. He was rocking his hips back and forth as he burnt the pancakes. He flopped one down onto a plate and seemed giddy about it. I peeked around him to see that it was completely black. I could play hockey with it if I wanted to. I hope he doesn't expect us to really eat that.

Still not realizing I was there I leaned my forehead against his back. He tensed underneath my touch but then relaxed realizing it was just me.

"You're awake. How did you sleep?" He asked still cooking. I nodded my head, still leaning against his back. "Thank you" I spoke softly, I shut my eyes tight as the memories of last night replayed in my head.

He quickly turned around and embraced me. This display of emotion from him completely shocks me but I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face into his chest. "I'm not expecting you to tell me right away what happened but I want you to know that I'll be here to listen whenever you're ready," He pulled back so he could see my face, "You just have to trust me." I looked up into his eyes and nodded. He had a worried look on his face.

Tears burned my eyes as they threatened to escape. I blinked pushing them back as i looked away. I didn't want to cry again and make him worry more than he already was. I probably was a burden last night.

His fingers lightly touched my chin, turning me towards him, his fingers warm on my cold skin.  He looked down at my lips then met my eyes again, emotions swarmed in his eyes. Looking back down at my lips he leaned forward. His hand caressed the side my face, making me
shiver. Are we going to kiss? Holy shit. I didn't even get to brush my teeth.

His cool breath fanned my face as we were only inches apart. His other hand grasped my thigh, pulling me closer. I began to tilt my head towards him wanting to meet him half way. He slightly smiled about to touch his lips to mine.

"Mommy!" Andrew slammed into my side, pulling us from our moment. "Yes baby?" I looked down at him, my face burning with embarrassment of what was about to happen.

"I'm hungwy," he tugged at my shirt, "pancakes!" He said with excitement. He had picked out the box of pancake mix at the store before the trip. I look up at Ryder, wanting to know his reaction to everything.

"It's okay baby. Daddy is making pancakes now," he smiled at him and then turned around to continue to cook. I looked over at the black pancake on the plate and the pancake turning black on the stove.

I cleared my throat, "Ryder," he turned around half glancing at me, waiting for me to finish, "we can't eat hockey pucks." I cracked a smile while motioning to the new one he just made.
He looked over at them with sad eyes, "well do you just want to go to Cracker Barrel or Ihop? I'm pretty sure there's one close by," he turned off the stove and started to throw away his black masterpieces. He looked sad as he scraped the last one off of the plate.

   "Can you get Andrew dressed while I try to find out if there is a Cracker Barrel  or Ihop near us and how far they are?" He nodded and started chasing after the baby since he took that as a time to run away from him. I chucked as a looked back at my phone. Looks like there's a crackle barrel only fifteen minutes from us. "You are fine with Cracker Barrel right? It's only fifteen minutes away" I glance over to the two of them to see Ryder holding Andrew upside down thing to put on his pants, "They have pancakes baby" I turned my head to try to see Andrews face better, "PANCAKES!" His little smile widened.

"Yeah, it's fine as long as he's happy." I nodded, agreeing to him. I need to change. I am still wearing clothes from the night before. I pull out a pair of black leggings, a thin gray hoodie and clean underwear and bra. "I'll be back" I motioned towards the bathroom to Ryder so I could go change in private.

After I got in my clean clothes I cleaned off my face and brushed my hair out. I picked up my dirty clothes and walked back out into the room to put it in the basket I brought. Ryder and Andrew are dressed and ready to go. "Do you mind driving? " Ryder nodded in agreement, grabbing the keys to the car as I grabbed the diaper bag, my purse and Andrew.

I walked out first so I could buckle Andrew up in the car. Ryder trailed behind me, getting in the car and starting it. After buckling Andrew in and giving him a toy to hold I jumped in the front seat ready to go get breakfast.

//////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

It's been awhile since I've posted and I'm extremely sorry. I am doing a lot better now after the accident. But I just recently found out that I am expecting. This won't hinder my posting until I have the baby but I am in need of support in all ways. I am only 19 and still go to school. Any type of support helps. I'm not begging for money or anything but I'm just putting it out there my paypal is in my bio. I will be making a "story" and putting pictures of the sonograms if you all would want that so you guys can come along the ride.
Thank you all! I love you 💕

- Kimberly