Chapter 9

Chapter 9-

*Talia's POV*

"Cake!" Andrew said excitedly. We were making cake just to make cake.
I dumped the mix into a bowl.
"Alright, now pour this in." I handed him the measuring cup that was already filled with water. He happily poured it in and waited for me to hand him the stick of butter.

"Next!" He clapped. I smiled at him and cracked three eggs.
"Now its time to mix it all together." I say to him as I grab the mixer and begin to mix it.

Andrew was dancing around. He's so cute. Finally, the mix was finished and we could pour it into the pan. I put it into the oven and set the timer.

"Its smells good in here."

"Cake!" Andrew ran up to Ryder and hugged his legs. I giggled at the sight. He lifted him up. "Do you wanna wrestle?" Andrews eyes lit up and he started clapping.

He set him down and they both eagerly ran into the living room. I chuckled. Boys will be boys.

I picked up the phone and dialed a number that I was all to familiar with. "Hello?" I heard my mother say sweetly into the phone.
"Hey mom, how have you been?" I haven't seen her since the project started. She must be going crazy.

"I've been good. How about you honey? How's the baby? How's your little friend?" She put emphasis on 'little friend'. I shook my head thinking about what was running through her mind.
"I'm good, the baby is good, and Ryder is good." She laughed.
"How's dad?" I questioned. He hasn't been doing to good.
"Well, he's been having problems." I heard her sigh. "He has a problems with his heart. We are going to the doctors next week to find out." Her voice trailed off at the end. I know she's very upset.

"Well, I have to go mom. I love you and dad. Bye." I feel bad to hang up.
"I love you too. Bye ."
I hung up the phone and started to cry. The person I care so much about is sick. I covered my face with my hands and sobbed silently.

"Hey we wan- what's wrong?" Ryder immediately enveloped me into a hug. I took a fist full of his shirt in my hands and cried hysterically in his chest. "Shhh... Its going to be okay." He stroked my hair.

Finally, I calmed down, pulled away, and wiped my eyes. "Sorry about that." I look down and began to walk away. I'm quickly pulled back and squeezed tightly.
"Don't say sorry. You're more than welcome to come to me for a shoulder to cry on. Now tell me what it was all about."

I looked up at him and saw that he was sincere. Then I told him. He hugged me again and rubbed small circles on my back.

"Wait.." I pulled back and looked up at him. "Where's Andrew?" We've been having this discussion and I haven't heard him or seen him.

"Don't worry. He fell asleep." I nodded. I looked over at the clock and realized it was his nap time. Then there was a beep. "Ooh the cake is done!" I give a little dance and grabbed the mitten.

"Yum, I can't wait."

"Well you're going to have to. It needs to cool down before I can out icing on it."

"I'd rather put icing on you." He smirked and wiggled his eyebrows. I slapped him on the shoulder. He's such a perv but i actually wouldn't mind that. I need to stop thinking dirty.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Sorry if its short. I just really wanted to update for you guys.

- Kimberly *_*