Chapter 41

After a surprisingly relaxing nap, Aria and Luke set out to make dinner for two. Since Aria was still dressed in the oversized hoodie, Luke decided to go casual after his shower too, barefoot while wearing jeans and a T-shirt.

"Tada!" Handing over the sliced vegetables to Luke, Aria is pleased to receive his nod of approval.

"I'll make a chef out of you yet." He teases. Taking the carrots, he lets them simmer in boiling water for about 10 minutes before draining the pan then stirring in butter and brown sugar to glaze them.

As he is finishing up the table the timer for the steaks go off.

"I'll get it" claims Aria with the oven mitts already on her hands, ready to pull them out. Once both pieces are put on their plates the two head out to have an indoor picnic of sorts by the fire with the lights turned down.

Pulling a bottle out of the ice bucket, Luke uncorks it and pours them both a glass of red wine.

Since the sun already set around 5 during their power nap, their late 8 o'clock dinner view is full of stars out the massive window surrounded by the sounds of crackling fire and quite instrumental music.

Eating in a comfortable silence, the two look out to the night sky, occasionally stealing glances at the other.

After cleaning up together it's still a couple hours from midnight.

"How will we know when 2017 comes? The city is a bit away to hear anything don't you think?" Asks Aria.

"We will be able to see the fireworks they set off. I think we can tell the difference between a homeowners firecracker and the behemoth explosion that officially sets off the new year."

"Ok you have a point. So what are we going to do for the next..." quickly glancing at the clock to determine the time "2 hours?"

Pulling her into his arms, Luke places one hand lazily around her waist and hold her hand with the other. Gently he begins to sway them back and forth.

"Dance like a bunch of kids at prom?" She asks with amusement in her voice.

"I was thinking more like an elderly couple but I see where you got that." Spinning her out, he pulls her in with her back to his front, still swaying as he places his chin on her shoulder.

Letting out a small content sigh, she leans her head against his closing her eyes to savor the moment.

Some time later Aria is turned back around to face him. Speaking with their eyes, they slowly lean in for a kiss.

Starting out soft and sweet they continue to sway. Gradually the kiss begins to become more passionate till their lips can't meet fast enough. Halting their movements, Luke squeezes her butt through the hoodie, electing a moan from her. Seizing the opportunity, Luke lets his tongue explore her mouth.

Quick to return the favor, Aria grabs the hair on the back of his head, pulling to make sure their lips can't separate.

Placing his hands on the back of her thighs he swiftly lifts her up and wraps her legs around his hips and starts walking to the master bedroom.

While still holding her, he lays them down on the bed and starts to kiss down her neck as far as he can.

Finding the juncture of her neck and shoulder he begins to gently suck in between kisses.

Feeling the heat of her core scorch through his jeans as she grinds on him, he goes back to kiss her mouth with new force leaving them both breathless.

Gripping the front of his shirt Aria pulls it off over his head in one swoop. Flipping them over she begins to return the favor kissing down his body, slowly working her way down till she is just above the button of his strained pants.