Chapter 39

For the next 5 days, Aria and Luke packed in as much practice as they could. Since school was on break for the holidays they were able to fit in 60 hours instead of the usual 20 they would do monday through friday.

Quitting early on friday to catch their 7 o'clock flight, they are waiting to board.

"I'm so excited!" Bouncing in her seat, Aria has hawk eyes on the entry door.

Chuckling at her behavior he places a hand on her knee to halt her movements. "Relax. You keep this up they think you're up to something."

Blanching at what he implied she halts all movements to stare at him in horror. "Oh God! I would never do such a thing."

"I know, I'm just teasing you. Besides, who would waste first class tickets."

"First Class! Why the hell are we in first class. I would of been fine with everybody else in economy."

Grabbing her head, Luke puts a peck on her lips to calm her down. "Relax. I said I have everything covered. I already downgraded from taking my dad's private jet so sit back and enjoy the complimentary champagne and view of the mountain. Now...our flight is ready."

...

Two hours later the couple lands on Colorado ground. Due to the difference in time zones it is now 10 at night instead of 9 like in Nevada, combined with the alcohol on the flight, they decided to retire early for the night.

Resting her head against the cab window she asks Luke in a tired voice "How much longer till we get... wherever we're going?"

"Private cabin I rented. And were pulling up now."

Opening her eyes to look out the window, a beautiful cabin dusted with snow and trimmed with Christmas lights greets her.

"Luke..." She whispers in awe.

"Wait till you see the inside." As soon as the car stopped, Aria raced to the front door. Chuckling by her sudden increase in energy, he goes to unlock the door as the driver takes their luggage out of the trunk.

Walking in they pass the entry hall straight to the living room. Floor to ceiling windows show off the beautiful mountain view and a fireplace surrounded by couches and a coffee table greets them. 

"Wow

"Wow..." Aria says as she goes in deeper past the couches to look out the wall of windows at the forest.

"You haven't even seen the bedroom yet." Luke teases. With her body still plastered to the window she turns her upper half slightly so he could see the raised eyebrow she is sporting for him.

"In a hurry to get me to bed I see. That tired huh? Or are you interested in more... vigorous activities?"

Gulping at her suggestive proposal, Luke is saved from stuttering like a fool as the cab driver comes in to collect his pay.

As he is paying the man, Luke fails to notice Aria grab her bag and head off to what she suspects to be the direction of the room they will be sharing.

Closing the front door, he turns around with Aria nowhere in sight. Grabbing his own bag he heads to the master bedroom.

With log walls and a huge fireplace across from the king sized bed as the only sight to see, a frown comes across his face. Where could she be?

Suddenly a flush sounds from the adjoining bathroom and running water from a sink soon follows

Suddenly a flush sounds from the adjoining bathroom and running water from a sink soon follows. Once the door opens a pajama clad Aria comes out.

"Oh my god you have to see this bathroom!" Not giving him a chance to refuse she pulls on his arm taking him with her.

Located at a corner of the house, a huge walk in tub has windows on both sides of the corner wall with his and hers sinks on each end. 

"Isn't it just beautiful?" She asks as Luke wraps his arms around her from behind

"Not as beautiful as you though."

"Ha! That's so cheezy. But I'll accept it cause I don't want this moment to be ruined." Making their way back into the bedroom Aria looks out the patio doors as snow begins to gently fall. "Thank you."

"For what?" Asks Luke as he changed into pajama bottoms.

"For bringing me here, showing me what snow looks like in real life instead of like on a screen like I've seen for the past 20 years. Thank you. I-I just can't thank you enough. Everything here is breathtaking and I want to go look at it all."

Coming up behind her, Luke grabs one of her hands, bringing it to his lips. "I'm glad I could be the one to share such a sight with you and be the first to do so. You don't know how driven I've been to get you to see snow since you told me on our date. The next day I was already booking stuff for us. Now we have all of tomorrow to make snowmen and drink hot chocolate like promised. Let's go to bed."

Turning to look at him with wide eyed she exclaims "Together?!"

Pulling on her hand as he walks backwards, he brings them to the bed. "Of course. We shared one for the sleepover after the first competition. Difference is I'll allow you to come over to my side now." He teases.

"Cocky thing aren't you." Climbing into bed nonetheless.

"Damn straight." He says over his shoulder as he gets the fireplace going to keep them warm at night.

Climbing into bed himself, Luke grabs Aria, bringing her body half over his. Letting out a content sigh he mumbles to himself "Much better"