Chapter 26

Two weeks after the big meet between Lukes friends and The Clan it is finally the saturday of the second competition.

"Everyone ready to head out?" asks Derek coming down the stairs, helping Cece with the bags of clothes Aria and Luke will be dancing in.

A chorus of 'yes' floats around the room and they all head out on the same drive they took for the first competition.

...

"30 seconds" calls a stage assistant as Aria and Luke stand at their marks on stage.

Walking towards each other and doing some poses, they set down the stairs. Pulling her towards him, Luke spins her into her arms then out.

As they Cha Cha, Luke has to think calming thoughts as they slightly grind multiple times. Wouldn't want to get a boner in front of a huge crowd of strangers. Lord knows how he was able to control himself during practice.

Thankfully the dance was over and they head off to get ready for their second dance of the day.

...

With two of the guys in a corner of the dance floor playing acoustic guitars as their music, Aria claps together her castanets.

The dance atmosphere is serious as they made their way towards each other. The crowd was so into the passion they begin to clap the beat.

Meeting, they start dancing together. As Aria marches to the beat away Luke comes after her, turning her abruptly, bringing her back.

Dancing they keep their serious faces up. When everyone thinks they are done as the music has stopped and they are walking away from each other they end up walking back towards one another till they are side by side continuing to dance ending with a dip. Thus finishing their Paso Doble.

...

"Last dance, you ready?" asks Aria from behind Luke on the raised stage.

"To have you feel me up? Any day" Teases Luke.

"Oh hush it's part of the dance." she flushes at being caught for wanting to touch him. How could she not? He's HOT in a suit!

"And who choreographs the dances hmm?" Counters Luke.

"Wa-...I...Shut up! You could help too." Fumbling for a reply as their cue seems to be taking forever to happen.

Turning his upper body slightly to look at her with a raised brow "Seriously? You'd let me put in my two cents? I mean I've had some ideas here and there but never said anything unless it was really bad cause, well you're the professional here."

"Um, yeah sure. In the two months we have been practicing you have learned really quickly so we don't really need Donny anymore. I've been meaning to ask, did you have any prior training cause you are to good to be doing this for the first time."

Before he got the chance to respond they were given their cue to start dancing and the subject was dropped.

Wrapping her arms and a leg around his body from behind the song starts.

With the lights, thanks to Adrian, spinning behind them they proceed to tango. As the music picks up its beat and the lights flash all over, they make their way down the stairs on either side and regroup at the base. Moving across the floor they move perfectly in sync with one another, ending the dance back on the raised stage.

...

After getting cleaned up and dressed comfortably in their normal clothes, everyone meets up to watch the remaining people do their dances.

Eventually the MC comes out and says his spiel similar to the first time.

"Hey you never did answer my question." Whispers Aria in Lukes ear.

Turning his attention to her, thus bringing their faces even closer he asks "Question?" with a raised eyebrow.

"If you have any prior experience dancing."

Smirking slightly he states "Tell you what, go out on a date with me. Just the two of us. We get to know each other better and if I think it's going well I'll tell you."

"Cocky are we? Hmm alright, if we advance in the top third you have a deal." Shaking hands they turn back to the MC.

"For those advancing your notification will be going out in...3....2.....1..Now"

Just as the first time, textones go off throughout the room and the Clan huddles around Arias phone waiting. And waiting, waiting and- *ding* Thank God!

"For the love of God Aria if it's not the competition like last time I swear I'll shave your eyebrow off." threatens Gemma.

Paying no mind to her words, Aria takes a deep breath and opens the message. Eyes darting back and forth between her phone and her friends she finally squeals bouncing in her seat. "135! We places 135 out of the 500 to advance! Eeeeekk!"

"That excited to go out with me huh?" Luke teases, causing the others to whip their heads to him.

"Crazy rich guy say whaaaat?" questions Donny while the others nod their heads in agreement to wanting an answer.

Ducking her head Aria mumbles out "I agreed to go out on a date with him if we got in the top third so he would answer a question I have."

"What!" they screech.

"Oh look the MC is going to talk again" Turning the attention away from her and Luke, who by the way had a shit eating grin on his face, they listen to what's being said.

"Alright, alright that's it. If you weren't contacted, better luck next year. For those continuing on first off congrats. You along with those across the state selected are going to have 5 weeks to make and learn 4 new dances. We will see you back here on December 17th so get practicing. For this round only 50 people will advance. See you then."