10 - Only a second. (Reupload)

So this isn't really an AU. I just wanted something to write, so deal with it. Ok? Ok. Bye.

~
~Tom POV~

It was a whole 3 hours and 41 minutes after 'The Incident'. I was still trying to regroup things in my mind. Tord had betrayed us. He had tried to murder us, without as much as a second thought.

I always knew that I'd have been right about him, that he was a bad person. But deep down, in the core of my heart, I couldn't really hate him. Sure, he teased me, and made jokes out of me, but something about him, something about Tord, it left me with an indescribable feeling. Love, was it? No. Impossible. Unthinkable. I hate Tord.

But do I really?

I sigh, and glance at my bandaged arm, blood seeping slowly through the gauze. I hear the click of the door opening, and Edd comes in with two boxes stacked atop eachother. I get up to help, but Edd stops me, due to my injured arm.

He grabs my arm and led me to the bathroom. "Damn. Where'd I leave the gauze at? I'll be back. Wait here." He told me, leaving to find the bandages. I hear him call for Matt, and the two come back into the bathroom moments later.

They help me bandage my damaged arm, complaining that I shouldn't move it to much, and the wound might open back up. Halfway through, I hear a faint knock at the door. "I'll get it. Matt, you help Tom out." Edd says, leaving to answer the door.

Matt continues to help me bandage my arm, and we go to see who was the person at the door. I step into the living room, and see two men sitting on the couch with Edd. Edd was looking at his feet, he seemed upset.

One of the two men was quite short and had large eyebrows, and a bandage covering his right eye. He addressed himself as Pau. The other was taller, and more slim, having longer hair put into a small ponytail. He adressed himself at Pat.

"Uh, You're Thomas Lawrence, I presume?" The taller one, Pat asked. "..Yeah, why?" I reply, squinting my eyes. The two were dressed in uniforms, I assume they have something to do with Tord.

"Well, we were Tord's most trusted soldiers out of the Red Army-" Pau starts. "Then I don't want to hear what you have to say. Anything regaurding Tord is nothing to me." I reply harshly.

"Thomas, You really should hear us out." Pau protests. "And why is that?" I ask, crossing my arms. "Because I'm here about Tord's final request."

My eyes widen. Last request? Tord is dead? I killed him. I killed Tord? "He told me, in his dying moments, to tell you that he loved you."

I feel tears prick at my eyes. "Go." I demand, pointing to the door. "Thomas-" Pat starts, but I cut him off. "LEAVE." I shout, tears spilling from my black voids. Pau and Pat sigh, and stand up to leave. "Tom.. I had no idea that Tord felt that way.." Edd said (sEdd)

I'm too fustrated to reply. I storm past Edd and Matt, and lock myself into my bedroom. "Tom! You better not do something stupid!" I hear Matt's voice from the other end of the door.

I crawl into bed, and stare at the ceiling. Tord. He loved me. He was in love, in love with me. Me, a stupid, irrational drunk. He loved me. He loved me, and I killed him. I killed him. I killed Tord. Was this love I felt? Maybe. Probably.
Definitely.

I never noticed how much I craved his attention, until now. Even if he was teasing me, I still wanted him, I wanted him to love me. But now, It's all too late. I can't get his attention anymore. I can't be with him anymore. We can never be us. And it's my fault.

I did this, I started this. Tord's dead because of me. I'm a murderer. I've committed the ultimate sin, taking the life of another human being.

I slowly turn my head to my nightstand, and I spot my 9mm handgun. Well, there might be one way that I could see him again..

I slowly lift the handgun into my hands, and run my fingers over the carefully constructed weapon. I sigh, and lift it to my temple, snaking my finger around the trigger.

It only hurts for a second.