Part 9

Part - 9 (unedited)

_________

"Madhu, yaar, please... Do me this favour" Sikky pleaded.

"Sikky, I can't do anything. Nothing is in my hand. It's Prof. Kundra and Dipali ma'am's decision. They will decide the dancing pairs"

"But girl, you are the student representative so you will have a say in this matter. Please pair me with Trishna but no one... And I definitely don't wanna dance solo or in group." Sikky stated clearly.

"Sikky it won't work like that. Rules are different in this college"

"I seriously don't get this idiotic college's rule! Who the hell are they to decide the best dancing partners? Whoever is interested can participate in solo or partner dancing or in group dancing right? They can either select or reject the individual/pair/group. Why they wanna mix-match the pairs of their liking? If they wrongly match the pairs then there won't be any chemistry or comfort. We students should pick the right partners for us to dance. If one couldn't find the right one then he/she should dance solo." Sikky cribbed.

"Hey! don't call my college idiotic! It's one of the top colleges in Mumbai okay!"

"Whatever!" Sikky rolled his eyes heavenward.

"Look, this is the general practice of our college. Everyone should prove their talent individually... No teaming! And no ganging! If you are really good in dancing then you will be selected and the organizers will match you with the suitable partner or put you in solo or in group. This way only the best contestants will compete with the other contestants from other colleges."

"God! Madhu, I know the rules clearly yaar. That's why I am asking your help. You have to select me in the solo round if Trishna gets selected and then pair me with her in the next round. I don't want us to dance solo or in group. We want to participate only in partner dancing!" He said with finality.

"Okay, I will see what I can do" Madhu agreed to help him.

"Btw who is the representative for boys?"

"Not you Sikky" Madhu smirked.

"That I know girl" he rolled his eyes. "You own this college so you got this representative post by influence..."

"I didn't idiot! I was forced! I didn't even want to be a part of this cultural program"

"Oh why?" Sikky asked curiously

"I am just not interested"

"Ha ha! You don't have any talent in you to prove. If you do then you are scared to show it out." Sikky provoked her. Madhu fist her fingers tightly fighting the urge to punch him. "I seriously wonder why Miss. Dipali chose you..."

"She didn't choose me as representative. Kundra Sir did." Madhu corrected him.

"Bhai? If he has chosen Madhu and even forced her to be the representative then there sure will be some reason. I will ask him later" Sikky thought.

"Alright! Why don't you help me practice my steps, Madhu?"

"What do you mean?"

"Dance with me" he held out his hand

"Duffer, you will dance solo in the first round so why you want me to dance with you?"

"I know, looney! I am talking about the second round. I am sure you will help me get through the first round and also pair me with Trishna." He said confidently. Madhu shot her brow up. "So I wanna practice for the second round so dance with me, girl" Sikky insisted. He would have practiced with Trishna if she was there but she wasn't as she had gone to give elocution contest audition.