Why wouldnt I be scared out of my mind? I just got attacked by another freaking vampire who left me confused and scared shitless, I thought in my head.

I rolled my eyes again and put my hands in my jacket, "It's my first time being in the woods completely alone knowing you're not following me, I ought to be a bit scared right?" I forced a giggle.

I saw him relax slightly when he heard me giggle and he cracked a smile "Well if you say so," he said.

I forced another smile at him and began to walk, "So how did you find me so fast?" I asked.

"You cut yourself," he pointed out walking beside me.

"So that means that you can smell my blood all the way from the house?" I asked feeling somewhat safe now that dad was here with me.

He nodded "Yes so you need to be really careful when you're out here Annie, any vampire can smell blood really easily and if its an open wound even more, so just be careful" he told me.

"Dad what do I smell like?" I asked him.

He looked at me confused and made a crooked smile, "What?"

"Yeah, what do I smell like?" I repeated.

"Why the sudden question?" he asked back.

I shrugged "Because when I went to werewolf lands, one of grandpa's wolf's told me I had vampire scents on me" I told him remembering Gabriel.

How happy I had been that I got to talk to him, and Brent changed that all quite quickly!

Dad smiled "You smell like a human Annie, like strawberry's because of your shampoo but since you're with us a lot then you smell like a vampire also" he told me.

"So whoever is with me rubs their scent on me and you can smell that?" I asked still wondering why dad couldnt smell Brent on me!

"Yes, like I can smell your grandma's scent on you and that mutt that attacked you the other day," he gave me a hard look that made me smile sheepishly "Why where you with him?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Oops," I mumbled, "I just bumped into him when I was walking back over here, he apologized to me and offered to walk with me but he didnt," I said quickly when I saw dad's eyes changing to a slight darker color.

"He's really nice dad," I added hoping he wasnt too mad.

"I dont want you talking to him when you go to your grandma's house Anneliese," he said seriously.

"Why?" I sighed getting a sinking feeling in my stomach.

"Because werewolf's can be temperamental sometimes, they can shift and hurt you, they're really strong so just...avoid the mutts" he said with a frown.

"Why do you guys hate each other so much?" I frowned too.

Dad sighed and shook his head, "We're just too different I guess" he shrugged.

"But you and grandpa get along perfectly fine" I pointed out.

"Thats different, we're family" he said quickly.

I rolled my eyes and kept walking, we were both silent for a while, there was this annoying little voice in the back of my head that was urging me to ask dad something.

"Dad?"

"What?"

"Whats a..." I stopped biting my lip hard.

"Whats a what?" he asked.

I cleared my throat remembering Brent, his piercing blue eyes, "Whats a umm..."