I replayed his words in my head over and over again, his words made my eyes get prickled by tears and I decided not to tell dad anything at all!

What if this Brent guy was dangerous?

If dad couldnt smell him on me then what if he came back to my house and attacked us or something?

He had said he was a rogue, but....what the hell was a rogue?

Whatever it was, it didnt sound good!

"Annie, hey baby girl, what's wrong?" dad interrupted my thoughts making me snap my eyes at him, he was eyeing me carefully with a frown, "Did something happen? You've been crying" he pointed out cupping the side of my face gently.

I couldnt help but notice how different yet similar his touch was to Brents, dad's was so gentle and careful, and Brent's had been so....warning! Yet they both had a similarity, the feeling of coldness, of icy cold.

How did I never notice how cold dad was before? It was like he was made of ice!

I took a step forwards and hugged him tightly wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my head on his chest.

I hugged him tightly, as if I could warm him up with my body heat, and sighed silently. I couldnt tell dad what had happened, he would be furious with me! Besides, I feared for his life, I still didnt know anything about Brent but something told me he was dangerous! Nothing but trouble, I could never have mom or dad or even Andy be in trouble because of me.

"Baby girl whats wrong?" dad asked wrapping his arms around me also and kissing the top of my head.

It was actions like these that made me want to tear up, and I promised myself right there that I would never put in danger my family's lifes! If I wanted Brent to leave me alone then I had to really use my acting skills right now and act as if nothing had happened!

"Nothing dad, nothing's wrong, I just fell when I was walking up here, you know how clumsy I am" I finally spoke forcing myself to let out a laugh.

"Why are you trembling? You were scared before I found you, why?" he asked trying to pull back to look into my face but I held onto him tighter, I knew if I looked at him I would break down and tell him everything.

Crap, what do I say? What do I lie?

"How do you know I was scared?" I asked instead trying to keep calm and stop with my trembling.

"Because I could hear your heart beating hard" he replied.

Crap! So he did notice!

"What was it Annie? What scared you huh?" he asked putting his head on top of mine gently making me gulp hard.

"It was nothing, the woods creeped me out and you appeared out of nowhere, you scared me" I lied pulling back and letting go of him.

He let go of me also and watched me with careful eyes, "Are you sure it was that?" he asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, you're like a ghost sometimes, you're so quiet" I told him only half lying.

He eyed me suspiciously "You know you can tell me anything" he said.

I forced a smile for him, "I know, but really, nothing's wrong daddy."

He frowned more, "Are you sure Anneliese?" he asked again.

I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm playfully "You're such a worry cat Ashton" I teased.

That got him to smirk but the hard eyes didnt leave, "Alright Im just making sure because you look scared out of your mind!" he said probably exaggerating a bit.