Chapter 4: All Good Things End

I knew that it would only be so long before someone found us and I was right. I saw a little boy about Louise’s age give or take a few years, outside staring in and before he realized I left the room I was in I was standing behind him. I then said “excuse me but what business do you have here?” I tried to look kind and as least threatening as I could, but he tried to run so I ran in front of him and this time I dropped the nice thing. “I SAID what business do you have here?” I knew I looked mean now because I saw the fear in his eyes. Then he said “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to intrude I was just looking for a place to rest I’m sorry PLEASE don’t call the cops I meant NO harm I swear.”

            I took him inside because I knew what it was like to not have a home so I decided to take pity on him. “I won’t hurt you my name is Avony and you are…”    “Umm… my name is Blake.” He said like he barely knew his own name which was sad and cute at the same time and I giggled a little. “Well it is a pleasure to meet you Blake.” I said with the BIGGEST smile ever. “Are we the ONLY people here Avony?” he said with sad eyes. “No, there are two more people here I will introduce you to them as soon as we get to where we are resting at ok.” “I’m not so great with people they just don’t…understand me you see I’m…Different.” “Well I bet I’m WAY more different than you are Blake.” I said with a CRAZY smile to add to the effect of what I said. “No I mean I…can ummm…… I can control SOME of the elements and read some minds and Persuade people to do things I want...” “Umm well I can run at the speed of light, I can lift anything and I have NO clue of what else I’m capable of doing but I DO know I CAN’T fly...”

            He looked at me like I was this amazing movie star and I was PERFECT and it made me blush a little I took him to the room where Louise and Derek were and introduced everyone to each other and told them how he was Different and Louise looked like she was in love and all cute and blushed Every time Blake looked at her it was SO cute, and when he realized that she was looking at him he blushed which was WAY too cute. So now that everyone knew each other and talking like we have known each other for years and got to telling what all brought us each other to this point in time where we met we learned that he was only a couple months older than Louise and how he was put in an orphanage for two years before he ran away and how his parents were killed in a car accident and how he was then put in a foster home and his foster parents abused him and then was taken to a lab and blacked out for two months and wound up with his powers.

Then I learned that Derek and his mom were abused and then his mom left and that he just turned 16 and most of the kids, including Louise, in his neighborhood had the minimum of one abusive adult in their household. I learned that he also looked out for everyone who wasn’t strong enough to stand up for themselves.

What I learned about Louise was that her mom was the abuser and she usually was with Derek and a few other neighborhood kids in a field having a camp out in a far off field. That she was not known for crying in public and that she was the “mom” of the family they left behind. Now I was thinking that I should go back with Derek and get them and I saw that he was thinking the same thing so I told him need to have a talk with him in private. So we made a plan and as soon as Blake and Louise were asleep we left.

            So I ran with him on my back, back to his neighbor and we got there in under an hour I meet everyone and asked who wanted to leave and they all wanted to get away from this scary life that their parents had given to them. So I first picked up all the food and clothing I could for them and had about 20 back packs full. I handed one to each person and told them to put on layers because it was where we were going and eat a little now and they all did as they were told. I told the teens and pre-teens to hold at least one little one and they did. The babies could fit in the back packs so that’s where they were put for safety.  Bundled in clothes and blankets then I had to get a raft or boat so I did and everyone got in except me and everyone looked confused and then I picked it up and ran to the coast.

            As soon as we got to the water I took a HUGE drink from the water bottle I had brought and passed it around then I got everyone back in the boat and I didn’t get in and got another confused look and I gave everyone a devious smile and then with them in the boat I pushed it into the water and told everyone to sink as low as they could get into the boat and then I draped a net over the top and bottom of the boat just to make sure I didn’t lose any passengers  and no one complained and we reached the shore in an hour and a half and the “house” in under half a hour.

             Once we got inside everyone including me and Derek we went to the “family” room where Louise and Blake were still asleep and soon everyone else was too except me and Derek and all he said was thanks and gave me a light kiss and then me and him went onto our air mattress and feel asleep in each other’s arms.