Chapter 11

"I cannot believe I'm skipping school with the smartest boy in class right now." He grinned.

"Well you better, cause it's happening. Right no-"

"Dude! I'm gonna get into so much trouble and Chloe-" he spun around and held her shoulders firmly.

"Sabri, breathe." She shut her eyes, inhaled and exhaled slowly three times. "Good. Now look at me. Everything's gonna be fine alright?" She nodded. "And as for Chloe, you leave that one for me. I'll skin her alive I will-" he was interrupted by a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks for saving me, peasant."

"You're welcome warrior-"

"MAXINE! YOU'RE HERE! IT'S ABOUT TIME!" A boy who looked around his early twenties rushed over and scooped him into a big hug. He glared at the brunette who just chuckled in response. It really didn't help that the guy was like 6'4 cause it basically looked like a chihuahua glaring at a giraffe. And the boy didn't hesitate to say so.

"Well... mice are the biggest fear of elephants, the largest land mammal in the world by the way. Pretty sure my being a bit less skyscraper like is an advantage."

"Keep the facts in that big brain of yours-"

"Keep the words in that peanut sized cerebrum of yours-"

"Is this a member of your mafia gang?" The boy turned to her. Her eyes widened. "Jelly Christmas!" She gripped Max's hand a bit tighter.

"OH MY GOSH! MA! MAXINE BROUGHT A GIRL HOME-" he was interrupted by a door slam.

"Don't call him Maxine you niño estupido." (Better.) A lady with brown hair and beautiful green eyes came out holding a girl, about seven with brown hair and grey eyes in her arms. The girl leaped off and immediately ran to Max.

"UNCLE MAXIE!" She wrapped her arms around the boy's legs. He lifted her up so he could hug her properly. Sabrina couldn't help but giggle.

"Maxie?"

"Shut up." The girl seemed to be interested with the new voice. She turned to Sabrina with wide eyes.

"Uncle Maxie, who is she?"

"Yeah, Uncle Maxie, who is she?" The skyscraper mocked, earning an eye roll from Uncle Maxie.

"I would also like to know the answer to that question."

"Yeah Uncle - shoot. You're talking about me."

"Ha! She's funny. I like her." Skyscraper leaned closer to touch her hair. She swatted his hand away.

"Back away from the merch Skyscraper." She normally wasn't so outgoing with people but this was Max's family. They were honestly too warm and sweet to resist.

"Skyscraper?"

"This is Sabrina, my friend." She raised an eyebrow.

"Dude. What kind of intro is that?" He rolled his eyes.

"Everyone, introducing Sabrina Raincomprix, my beautiful, brilliant, talented, glasses wearing, amazing friend." She went slightly red and did a little curtsey. The woman looked her up and down its curiosity.

"Nice to meet you Sabrina." The lady smiled. Sabrina smiled back before she got enveloped in a hug.

"Nice to meet you Sabrina!" The girl mimicked, crushing her legs between her small hands. Sabrina carried her and hugged her.

"Ditto." She dropped the little girl who's name she later found out to be Emma and suddenly got carried into the warm building by none other than Skyscraper whose name she later found out was Cole.