Calum and Michael went off with Kiara and Reshale, obviously wanting some alone time with their girlfriends after a month apart. Ashton decided to tag along back to Luke's where Liz made dinner for them all; it was nice watching Luke talk about the tour. His eyes would light up with such passion and enthusiasm, it was quite possibly one of the cutest things Gemma had even seen. They talked about how Ashton had broken one of his drumsticks on stage and had to sit there pretending to play throughout one of the songs; they told them about how many gifts they received from fans and then they showed them some pictures of Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane and how they'd managed to squeeze in some tourist activities on their days off. 

"I'd love to travel around Australia" Gemma smiled, looking down at Luke's phone. 

"You're coming with us next time. No excuses" Luke poked her on the nose, then dropped his arm back on to the table. He had obviously forgot about his mum and Ashton being there. They needed to be alone... 

"Anyway, I should probably get home and see my family" Ashton chuckled, almost as if he was reading Gemma's thoughts about wanting Luke to herself. Liz offered to drop him off, as well as running Gemma back to her house. When they pulled up outside Luke told his mum that he was going to have a late tea with her family and he'd be back about ten. 

"I didn't invite you, weirdo" Gemma laughed as Luke followed her inside. 

"I invited myself. Deal with it"

"Fame's changed you..." she teased, pushing her hand against his chest. He wrapped his fingers around her wrist and pulled her into him, embracing her. She stood up onto her tiptoes and pressed her lips against his; glad that she was able to taste him again. Their tongues explored one another, softly flicking against each other. He tasted of mints. 

"Gem?" her dad's voice echoed through from the other room. The two of them pulled apart, Luke giving her a gentle push to put some space between them. Gemma rolled her eyes; all she wanted to do was kiss him, why was that so difficult?

"Yeah dad?"

"Oh Luke's here" he pointed out the obvious as he approached them in the hallway. "How you doing mate?" he offered Luke his hand and he took it respectfully, giving him a gentle smile. 

"Good thank you sir"

"Sir? No... It's Henry. You staying for tea?" 

"Yeah he is, dad" Gemma answered for him. 

"Glad you're back, she can't function without you! Slipped out the bloody bath last week and had a huge black eye, did you see it?" her dad asked and Gemma bit her lip nervously as Luke shook his head, shooting her a quick glance. Fuck. 

"He fucking hit you again didn't he?" Luke snapped, slamming her bedroom door behind them. 

"No!" Gemma insisted, this time she was telling the truth but understandably it didn't look that way. Luke walked up to her, taking hold of her shoulders, his bright blue eyes burning into hers. 

"Tell me the truth, Gemma" 

"He didn't hit me, okay? Keep your voice down!" 

"Isn't it funny how you hid it from me then? If you slipped and fell, why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I knew you wouldn't believe me!" Gemma took his hands off her shoulder and sat back on to the bed, casting her eyes on to the floor. Luke sat next to her, his hand finding its way onto her knee. 

"You swear you're telling the truth?" he asked, lifting up her chin with his finger so that she was looking directly at him. 

"He didn't hit me, Luke. I promise... He has barely said a word to me since I started back. I slipped and fell, that's all" she hated lying to him and she wasn't even sure why she still was. At first she had kept it from him because she hadn't wanted to worry him but now she had no idea why she didn't want to tell him. Maybe it's because she knew he'd feel sorry for her and if there was one thing she hated more than anything it was sympathy. 

"You'd tell me if anyone hurt you, right?" he whispered, running his fingers through her hair and pushing it behind her ear. Gemma was tired of lying him; so she tried to take his mind off things by moving in for a kiss, taking hold of his neck and driving him towards her. Their mouths connected again and this time Luke was on top of her within a matter of seconds, his hands gliding up and down her body, exploring every inch of her. Oh god, it was going to happen... She couldn't have sex with him yet, she wasn't prepared. Her heart was racing as he slid his hand underneath her shirt, finding his way to her breast. No. She couldn't do this. 

"Luke" she mumbled, pulling his hand away. 

"Sorry.. I'm sorry, Gem..." he replied, moving off the top of her and lying beside her. "I didn't mean to do that... I just got carried away, I'm sorry"

"Stop apologising" Gemma ordered, propping herself up on to her elbows and turning to face him. He looked hurt and rejected; she hadn't wanted that. If only he knew how much she wanted him, but that was what terrified her. She wanted him too much and she didn't want to disappoint him...