"Please stop" Gemma pleaded, her chinks flushing pink. This was so embarrassing. 

"You'll have to bring him over to meet us sometime. Properly." Dad suggested, offering her a friendly smile. "Is he the one in the band?" 

"Yes dad, he's the one in the band" 

"And does he have a back up plan?... These youngsters chasing after the music industry, it doesn't work out a lot of the time and then they're left with nothing"

"Dad" Gemma sighed, "They've just had a sell out Australian tour, I think they're doing okay" 

"I'm just saying..." 

"I'm gonna get going anyway, they'll be landing soon" Gemma needed a reason to get out of this conversation, she knew he was only trying but he was so bad at it. "Luke's mum is going to take me to the airport with her"

"Oh so she gets to meet you properly but we don't get to meet Luke?"

"For God's sake dad" she sighed, slipping into her vans at the side of the door and leaving the house before allowing him to say anything else. Luckily enough her black eye had cleared up now, which meant she didn't have to explain anything to Luke when she eventually got to see him again. Each time they had skyped Gemma had caked herself in foundation to cover it up, or put a random filter on the webcam so it wasn't as obvious and none of the boys ever pointed it out so it must have worked. 

"Hello, Gemma" Liz smiled, inviting her in. She waited for Liz to lead her through to the kitchen and took a seat at the table, staring over at the clock. It was 12.45pm and the boys were due to land at 2. "You excited to have the boys back?" Liz asked, joining her at the table and flicking through the pile of papers in front of her. 

"Yeah, it's not the same without them around." 

"My house is much tidier and I don't have to buy as much food, but you're right. I'll be glad to have them home" she smiled up at Gemma and sighed, obviously she had missed them just as much as Gemma had, probably more. The two of them decided to set off towards the airport immediately after; both eager to see Luke and the boys. They stood at the arrivals gate, checking the board every now and again to see if they had landed. 

"Time isn't moving" Gemma sighed, pulling her phone out of her pocket for the hundreth time. 

"I know, sweetie. They'll be here soon" Liz said, placing her hand onto Gemma's shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze. When the board finally changed to tell them the flight had landed, she could feel her heart racing and as the boys walked through the gate she found herself running at Luke full speed. He held his arms out, pulling her up and swinging her around; it was almost like a scene from a cheesy romance movie. Gemma suddenly became aware of the fact they were being watched by the boys and Luke's mum, how embarrassing. Luke put her down and smiled, "I've missed you" he whispered, taking hold of her hand and making his way over towards his mum. Ashton pryed her away from Luke why he greeted his mum and forced her into an overly tight hug, "A month without you, Gem! I've missed ya" 

"You too, Ash" she beamed back at him, ruffling his hair as if he was a pet dog. Calum and Michael jumped over to them and pulled her into a group hug, she couldn't stop laughing as they started to cheer at the top of their voices; everyone was looking at them.

"Get off you losers" Gemma managed to say, even though they were squashing the air from her lungs. 

"BUT WE'VE MISSED YOU GEM" Michael shouted right into her ear. He loved making a scene and she loved that about him, even if it was embarrassing as hell at times. The boys soon let go when they noticed Kiara and Reshale waiting outside for them; Gemma allowed herself to breathe again and walked alongside Ashton to the car, allowing Luke to have some time with his mum. She was hoping to have him all to herself later.