Rule#46: Success is the best revenge

⬆️ Don Julio (This is Cuban actor Tony Plana)

Don Julio arrived as promised, 3 hours after he spoke to his son in law. The sleek black Mercedes that awaited him at the airport, with 2 of his guards efficiently moved once he'd gotten inside, not asking about the destination.

He looked at his watch, a Cartier with a crocodile skin band, older than his daughter. It had been a present from his wife when she'd told him they were pregnant. She'd had it inscribed in the back with a quote from her favorite line about time; The two most powerful warriors are patience and time by Leo Tolstoy.

Finding out his daughter was missing had made him frantic. He'd been enjoying a quiet evening, a brandy and a cigar by the fire when his phone rang. When he'd heard the gringo's voice he assumed that his grandson was making his way into the world earlier than expected. He was of a strong blood line, his daughter was a fighter and his son in a law a soldier.

Alas, fate was not on his side. He'd made a few phone calls on his way to London, he had his suspicions of course, but there was only one person deranged enough to oppose him and take something of his as precious as his daughter.

His very pregnant daughter.

Don Julio sighed, he'd tired of all the senseless killing, but he didn't want to seem weak. Because he wasn't. Anyone who knew him, knew he'd move heaven and earth for that girl. And kill anyone who got in his damn way; man or woman.

But for the perpetrators, he had something special. He'd always had a morbid interest in medieval torture methods and after his retirement, he'd started getting aquainted with several books written on the subject. It was time to put his knowledge to the test.

***
Bryson watched his father in law introduce himself to his friends; Sheila and Margo immediately charmed by the suave Don Julio. He shook hands with Ching, Dragon and Louis, hugging Bryson to his chest as he murmured some Spanish words.

Bryson allowed the older man to hug him, surprisingly finding comfort in the embrace.  Finally, someone who loved Lex just as much if not more than he did and could understand what he was going through.

"Now, have you all eaten? There's no need to go through this situation on an empty stomach. If you have all eaten, then you will have to excuse me while I eat" Don Julio said, looking at all of them expectantly.

Margo shook her head, she'd made sandwiches for them all what felt like hours ago, but that had been about the only thing they'd had. Nobody had thought about eating, all worried sick since Ching couldn't find anything to help.

Don Julio sighed and motioned one of his guards over, giving instructions, Bryson catching the words 'comida' and 'rapido', which he knew thanks to Lex.

"Now... I've made some calls and here's what I have. Now we just need a plan."

"Before we start, I should take Masterson and the kids home. Sheila, I'll drop you off at my place--" Louis had been saying as he stood, shrugging on his jacket as Masterson stood and gathered his children without a protest.