Rule #11: Sharing is caring, unless it's cooties

3 weeks later...

"You know, you could really use a manicure." Alexa rolled her eyes at Margo as they walked to the smoothie bar at the gym.

"No. But you want to go, so we can go. I can use a plush chair to sit on right about now" Alexa countered, laughing at Margo's disgusted facial expression after tasting her juice.

"Its wheatgrass. You get used to it" Alexa explained following her to the ladies locker room.

Since the Almost Kidnapping Ordeal happened 3 weeks earlier, she and Margo had become friendly. They had started going to the gym together; Alexa to brush up on her skills and Margo to learn some skills. They hadn't heard from the Masterson family or their staff since then.

"Is it weird that we're going back to school in a few days? After everything that happened?" Margo asked and Alexa shrugged as she grabbed her brush from her bag and followed Margo to the showers.

"A little bit. But everybody's alive and that's all that matters" she replied, enjoying the water stream.
'One of the perks of a fancy gym' she thought to herself, remembering how in awe Margo had been when she'd brought her the first time. Her favorite feature besides the hunky instructors were the shower heads and fancy products available.

"You're right. I'm glad we went through it together though. You showed me I could do anything even if I'm afraid."
****
"That can't be right" Louis said as Ching put the information on the monitors for them to see.

"It's the redacted version of shit, but it's clearly there... DEAD. That CIA paperwork is legit" Ching said defensively, shrugging and turning in his chair to face his keyboard.
Bryson shook his head, confused.

"Paola Rodriguez-Castillo? Wasn't that the daughter of that Dominican drug lord? She and the wife were killed "accidentally" by the CIA when they thought her father was in the car?" Dragon asked coming in from the kitchen with a tray of sandwiches.

"According to Bryson, she's alive and going by the name of Alexa Vasquez" Louis said, reaching for a whole wheat sandwich half. Dragon shook his head.

"No. That's not possible. I have a buddy who was on the extraction team. They were both dead. He felt bad for the girl" Dragon said, shoving the tray towards Bryson.

Bryson shook his head, he wasn't feeling hungry. With his mind made up, he grabbed his keys and headed out.

When he knocked on the door, he rocked back on his heels almost nervously, waiting for it too
"Hey Lex... can we talk?"
"Uh sure. Come in..."
He followed her into the apartment and took a seat on the sofa.
"When did you get back?" She asked casually, dropping next to him and tucking her legs under her.

Bryson looked down at his hands before replying.

"We never left. The kids have been going stir crazy."

"Oh. Ok. Well what did you want?" she asked icily before standing and heading to the kitchen, where he followed.

"I didn't come to argue with you Lex--"

"Vasquez to you from now on Thornton. Now unless you have something to say about the school or Madison and Aiken Masterson, you can see yourself out" she said angrily, turning her back to him, signaling she was done with him.

"No."
She laughed dryly but took a deep breath.

"Get out. And I won't ask you twice."
"Lex, listen to me--"
"Get.Out. We have nothing to talk about. Or discuss."

Bryson took a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair. It had gotten long enough that it was skimming his shoulders, but he'd decided not to cut it.
"Babe look--"
"Again! Not Lex, not babe, not Alexa. Vasquez or Ms. Vasquez. Thornton, I'm not doing this shit with you."
"I'm sorry. Ok? I'm sorry but Masterson didn't want us to say anything to anyone. Lex, I didn't plan for you and I to happen, ok?" He admitted, his hands going around her waist as he leaned against her. He buried his nose against her neck, kissing it lightly.