Rule #18: By any means necessary

Alexa looked at the array of homemade weapons they had as 3 hours later they tip toed out of the warehouse and back to the football field using the cover of shadows as much as possible. They'd found boxes of plain black tshirts on the top floor of the warehouse, which Madison had fashioned into crude ninja outfits for them using a pair of shears, fishing wire and a fishing hook as needle and thread.

Alexa for one was happy to have long "pants" as the scrapes and cuts she'd gotten from sliding into the shrub like a baseball player sliding to home base had her legs caked with blood.

Crossing the field was the easy part, going on the tunnel and back into the locker room was the scary part. However, they made good time and Alexa was happy when she saw they hadn't followed her into the locker room because the baseball bat and lacrosse stick were still in place.

Margo led the way to the coach's office, finding the keys she needed to the electrical room. She explained to alexa that they'd had a fling the last year and that was where they did the dirty. But also where ALL the wiring and stuff for the building. In the office they decided to split up; Aiken and Margo would go to through the basement to the electrical room and Madison and Alexa would see if they could find Bryson or someone else to help them, by way to the cafeteria.

With gun in hand and using some soldering glasses to see better in the dark, Alexa led the way to the door that led to the gym.

As she put her hand on the handle, she heard a grunt and something jangling, like a chain of keys. Madison gripped her forearm and held up a palm, Margo had said to wait until she shit the power off. In the dimly lit hallway that they stood in, the lights flickered before they went out, the only light coming from the Exit signs.

"Just directly run across" she whispered to Madison as she eased the door open slowly.

"Hello? Who's there?" A voice called out and Alexa thought she would die of relief. She pushed Madison back against the door.

"Bryson?" She whispered, hearing his groan.

"Lex? Babe, I'm tied to a chair. Near the bleachers..." he whispered, moving around. Alexa hurried across the gym quickly and quietly, holding her hands out as she reached what she thought was good distance from the bleachers.

"Lex? Baby I can smell you,  so close" he whispered desperately and Alexa shifted to the right, her foot connecting with something hard.
She blindly swung around, her hands landing on his shoulders and he sighed in relief.

"Fuck.. I can't see. What are you tied in?" She asked, fumbling around, her hands panicking and wanting to hurry up.

"Chains. Anything else I can get out of easily or so. Baby, it's good to hear your voice" he said, swallowing hard as he felt something jab his hand.
"Sorry, I have a bobby pin... without looking it might be difficult."

"I can do it." Alexa almost jumped a foot in the air from hearing her voice so close.

"Mads, you're ok!! Thank god" Bryson said, feeling her small hands on his face.

"Yeah. Ms. Vasquez and Ms. D saved us. Aiken and her are turning off the lights and whatever else they can do to sabotage. Gimme the bobby pin, I can do it" she said, Alexa passing her the bobby pin and gasping as the lock clicked and he was free.

They ran across the gym silently, Alexa leading the way to the cafeteria quickly. Opening the double door slowly, she peered inside and saw nothing in the shadows, her heart in her throat as she held the door wider for Bryson and Madison to enter. They crept on the floor to the  row of food carts, slowly sliding over them to get to the other side and end up in the kitchen.