Rule#50: Don't expect immediate results.

Michael knew Madison and Aiken were tired.

It was the fourth farm house they'd gone to and hadn't had any success.

Dressed in starched white button down shirts and polyester black pants, striped ties and ugly shoes, he and Aiken looked the part of Mormon guys, trying to spread the faith. Madison had opted for a long blue flowered skirt, and a three quarter sleeve white top under a blue vest, which concealed her shape. Her hair was braided and hidden under a wide brim hat.

He knew it was unusual for Mormon men to walk around with a woman, but they'd explained that Madison and Michael were married and Aiken was her younger brother, about to enter the seminary and they wanted him to practice. Aiken had had the presence of mind to get Michael and Madison cheap matching wedding rings, to make it all the more believable. They'd also rented 2 scooters, Aiken strapping a picnic basket to his for their snacks and bottled water.

"This is the last place for today. I need a shower" Michael said as they stopped at the entrance to the fifth farm.

The metal gate was manned by a portly older man, who inquired about their identities and what they wanted. He smiled sheepishly as they gave him their rehearsed speech, nodding as he opened the gate and led them inside.

The farm was a working stud ranch, which Michael found weird that they'd use it to hide anyone, as there were so many people walking about. But they nodded at everyone who greeted them, keeping up their pretense as they followed the guard to the main house.

It was two floors and very rustic, but cool as they stepped into a wide area that had to be the foyer. With red tiled floors and white washed walls, colorful art depicting bulls and horses hanging on the walls, and wooden carvings and statues around the room, it looked like a typical farm house. The fan circling above their heads as they waited for the jefe was all modern technology.

As they stood and waited alone, Michael looked around the space, trying to see if they had any cameras or motion sensors. But apparently the twins had already secured that information; the tablet Aiken had concealed in a bible working quietly as he pretended to scribble notes.

They heard a door slam and a very unmistakable yell of frustration, followed by a crash. When the door reopened they heard a very particular voice yelling at the top of her lungs: "I WANT TO GO OUTSIDE!!!"

Aiken and Michael exchanged looks before nodding, grabbing Madison's arm just as the door slammed again. Cautiously heading out, they spotted the old guard who had let them in, who frowned in confusion.

"We were not able to meet with the jefe. There seems to be a... problem. We will return tomorrow around the same time, if you can let him know? We do not wish to make anything awkward. Thank you so much for your time."

Michael smiled at the older man reassuringly, nodding at his companions to start walking, which they did naturally and in an unhurried fashion. He didn't breathe until they were on their scooters, heading back the way they came, Michael hoping to beat the dying sun before they got to the town. Darkness would make finding his uncle all the more complicated.

Neither Madison or Aiken felt the need to talk as they made it to the town square at 25 past 8pm. They'd stopped for gas and to eat something from their paltry picnic basket, before riding the last 10 miles on a sandy patch of road in silence. Exhausted and hungry, they parked their scooters in a safe place and stood together in the shade of a tree, watching the people of the city walk around.