Rule #28 Always be prepared

Alexa let out a low hiss as the sun filtered through the blinds, causing her to turn over to the other side of the bed. Her outstretched hand connected with something hard and hot and her eyes flew open.
The entire night flashed before her eyes as the man next to her let out a groan and a strong hand squeezed her thigh.
"Why the fuck is it so bright in here?" Bryson asked groggily, shielding his eyes with an arm, the hand on her thigh traveling up to grip her hip, pulling her onto her side against him.

The sun practically reflected off his colorful tattoos, the one on his chest seemed to be in a foreign language, of things she'd never seen.

Her caramel fingers traveled up the visible parts of his white skin, skipping across the thin gold chains that dangled from his neck with what appeared to be a calendar and a miniature gun charm hanging from the ends.

She examined the tiny gold plated gun that laid over the letters tattooed on his chest. Lazy eyes looked into hers, Bryson giving her a small smile.

"It's an M4."
"Military. Special forces?"
He nodded and frowned.
"My dad had a gun hobby" she explained quickly, dropping the charm and running her fingers over the letters.
"Is this Russian?" She asked and Bryson looked at her quietly before nodding again, his fingers clasping around her wrist as she started tracing lower.
Letting go of her wrist, he quickly sat up and then swung his legs to the floor, Alexa able to see the tattoos on his back. Instinctively, she reached out and touched his back as the muscles flexed when he stretched muscular arms over his head.

"Lex I'm gonna need you to stop doing that babe. It sends little bolts of electricity down to a specific member of this body if you know what I mean" he growled, standing and heading out of the room naked, to what Alexa assumed was the bathroom, since there was only so many places in her one bedroom apartment.

She heard the telltale flush of the toilet a few minutes later, the water from the faucet running after. 
"There's a brand new brush in the thingy behind the door!" She yelled as she searched for her robe to cover her nakedness. She heard a gruff 'thanks' before she finally spotted the gray cotton on the back of her vanity chair.

Barefoot, she went to the kitchen and started some coffee, leaning her head against the stainless steel refrigerator. His hands on her hips alerted her to his presence, a minty breeze against her ear as he pressed a kiss to her neck.

"You need to look inside babe if you want to use it properly" he teased with a laugh, giving her ass a slap as he pulled away from her.

Ignoring him, she went instead to the bathroom and emerged 5 minutes later feeling refreshed to find him whisking eggs as he stood there in just his dress pants from last night.

"We're going to need a shipment of condoms if you keep looking at me like that, with those bedroom eyes and pillowy lips " he murmured when she reached his side to grab a mug from behind him. He buried his face in her curls, pressing himself against her backside, his hand reaching to undo the belt of her robe.

The ring of his phone put a stop to whatever was going to happen next as he pulled away to answer.

****
"What?" Bryson growled into the phone, annoyed.
"Boss is looking for you. Just thought I'd give you a heads up. You have 15 minutes before he asks Ching to ping a location for you."

Louis hung up without saying anything else and Bryson let out a breath as he leaned on the counter.
"Fuck... Lex I have to go." He muttered the curse, taking purposeful strides to her room and grabbing the rest of his clothes.
"But--"
"I have to go" he repeated, cutting her off before he kissed her hard, sneaking a piece of turkey bacon as he shrugged on his jacket.