Rule #4 Just say no to co-workers

Alexa watched her first class enter the classroom, Madison and Bryson the last one there. She waited for the bell to ring and everyone to get situated into their groups before she lifted the screens from the board.

"I hope everyone did their homework. Because if you didn't.. well, you're shit outta luck! Your assignments are on the board" she said, plopping down on her chair and taking her laptop out, waiting for the buzz of conversation to grow before she started typing.

She felt her phone buzz and ignored it, whoever it was could wait for the class to be over. Until a notification popped up on the lower right hand of her laptop screen.

You shouldn't ignore me!

Alexa was confused and hesitated before she decided to type back.

Who is this?

That's how innocent people get kidnapped. Talking to strangers. But really, you're not even teaching.

Her head snapped up and she looked around the room, standing to see which of the kids had a cellphone out. They all seemed to be enjoying the work, everyone's hands visible with pens or pencils or books. Taking a deep breath she walked the other way around, looking over at Bryson, who sat in his same corner from the day before, watching her with amusement.

I don't think this is very funny Mr. Thornton.

You should have seen your face when you got up! Anyways, Mr. Masterson has invited you to dinner tonight and you're supposed to say yes.

Last time I checked, he isn't my boss. And neither are you. But I'll go because I actually like Mr. Masterson.

Riiiiight. You don't know him that well to like him yet. Trust me.

I trust no one.
****
Magnus had invited her to dinner at a fancy upscale restaurant and she wasn't sure she felt dressed up enough. She didn't care at this point as she stepped outside her apartment.

"Lex."
"Mr. Thornton."
"You can call me Bryson you know."
Alexa shook her head slowly, allowing him to open the car door for her before settling inside. He followed her and the vehicle started moving, Bryson's cologne seeming to hang in the air.
She checked her makeup out of boredom, everything was in place and before she knew it they'd arrived.
Bryson offered her a hand when he opened the door for her, which she accepted gracefully as she had on killer heels and a red Herve Lager dress. Allowing him to put her hand on the crook of his elbow, they walked up the 5 marble steps that led to the door of the restaurant, going to the hostess stand where they were immediately escorted to a table.

Magnus Masterson stood as he saw them approaching, nodding at Bryson when he pulled out a chair for her.

"Bryson, you guys are off for the night" he said, Alexa frowning in confusion at Bryson who seemed confused as well.

"Sir?" He asked, his eyes darting from Magnus to her, a raised eyebrow and a frown marring his tough features.

"Have a good evening Bryson" Magnus said with finality, Bryson barely nodding and touching her shoulder as he went around her to leave.
"Now Ms Vasquez, wine?" He offered, a charming smile on his lips. She nodded her acceptance, feeling her senses become hyper aware as she leisurely looked at the gold rimmed wine glass in her hand, watching as Masterson took a sip first.

Once he'd voiced his approval, she took a small dainty sip of her wine and slowly savored the liquid in her mouth before swallowing it.

It wasn't the best wine she'd ever had but it was good.

"You're not one to rush into conversation" he pointed out as they were handed menus. She gave the waiter a small thank you but didn't open it, reciting her order from memory as Magnus looked over the options.