Chapter 2

Sage's POV

When I got home that night my dad was gone, something that made me glad. I rushed upstairs to finish the homework that was assigned to me tonight. After I was finished, I thought about the boy I met today: Michael. Out of everyone, why would he chose me? We had never met, and he knew people made fun of me yet he helped me.

Once I was about to fall asleep I heard a door slam downstairs. My eyes widened. I'd forgotten to make him dinner. I opened my window and climbed out with my phone in hand. I heard my dad slam my door open and start screaming. I sprinted through the woods. After about ten minutes I finally stopped to catch my breath. *Snap* I turned around, my eyes going wide as I slowly backed away.

I felt a tree stop me as a dark brown wolf stepped from the bushes. It snarled at me and I immediately shrunk down into a ball. I started hyperventilating which caused the wolf to look at me curiously. That was the last thing I saw before passing out.

Michael's POV

 Hey bro, just found a human on our land with the scent of a male wolf on her. I think the male's scent is rouge, but I'm not so sure.

Bring her to the dungeon, put her in a cell I have paperwork to deal with before it.

Okay.

I felt Tristan shut the mind link off and I sighed. I really didn't want to have to do this and it's not everyday a female rouge is found. Didn't he say the male's scent was rouge-like? And she was a human? This day keeps getting weirder and weirder. I smiled and leaned back in my chair as I thought of my mate. She was gorgeous.

After about two hours of boring, useless paperwork, I went downstairs to the cells. I walked along with a grin on my face until I realized it was my mate's scent that was causing me to be happy. I raced down the hallway to see a guard standing by the cell with a frown as my brother screamed at her trying to get info on why she was here.

I frowned. I told him she was human! I grabbed him by the collar and threw him at the guard, telling him to lock him in his room until I could get there. I unlocked the cell and ran in, looking at my mate who was curled up on the floor trying frantically to breathe. I mind linked Oliver and told him to get down here and within ten seconds he was at my side.

 Why is your mate in the cells?

Tristan. I growled in my head to him. I watched him rush into the restroom used by the guards and came back out with a glass of water. We both approached her slowly and she gasped, moving until the wall hit her back. "Hey, remember me?" She nodded and I kept going. "Do you remember my brother Oli?" Again she nodded and I held out the glass of water. I handed it to my brother just before she threw herself into my arms.

 I held her close as she cried, and I whispered soothing words in her ear. Her breathing slowly returned to normal, and I whispered for my brother to get a piece of paper and something to write with. He nodded and slowly got up, leaving and coming back a few minutes later with a small dry-erase board and a marker.

 I slowly handed it to her and she grabbed it, quickly scribbling words on the board. When she turned it around, I looked at my brother for help on an answer.

 Where am I and how did I get here?

Sage's POV

Michael looked at his brother, then back to me. "What did you see in the woods?"

I brought the board back to me and erased the words I had written with my sleeve. I then drew my best impression of the wolf. When I turned it around they both looked impressed, but then I could've sworn I heard them both growl. Oliver jumped to his feet and ran outside while Michael slowly helped me get up. I winced when he gripped my wrist. To any normal person, it would have felt like a hand shake, but to me, it felt like he had snapped my wrist.

He started to move my sleeve up but I yanked it out of his grip. His eyes widened and he reached his hand out. I placed mine in his, and he led me up the stairs and we passed what looked like a guard. I was still confused as to where I was and why Michael was here. I don't know I woke up in a cell, I didn't even know there was a prison around here. And I've lived here all my life! I walked into what looked like the living room and immediately hid behind Michael. The boy who had screamed at me was in here. He was questioning why I was here, and I didn't even know! And its not like I could explain it to him!

The man looked at me with guilty eyes, and I could see Oliver glaring at him. Another version of the man who yelled at me walked in, and the only difference was that the other man had bue eyes and the man who yelled at me had brown eyes. "Well Sage, this wasn't how I wanted you to meet, but these are my twin brothers, Tristan and Jake." I looked at Tristan, the man who yelled at me, and he got up. I took a step behind Michael and he growled. Jeez, what was with the growling?

Tristan sat back down so I stepped out from behind Michael. Jake looked at him, silently asking if he could come up to me. Michael looked back at me and I nodded. "Hi, I'm Jake. You're Sage, right?" I nodded, smiling lightly as I shook his hand. Wow, I was now friends with all the new kids. I had more than one friend now! I had forgotten to mention the girl that was like a sister to me, but that was because she was out of town.

I took the dry erase board and started writing, ignoring the strange looks they were giving me.

I forgot to mention, I have another friend named Olivia.

They all smiled and nodded, and then another boy walked in. Were there any girls around here?! I smiled at him when he took a step towards me and stuck his hand out for a handshake, but the protective boy in front of me growled. The only person I was really afraid of was Tristan, and I had a reason. I had no reason, however, to be afraid of the boy that had just walked in. "Hi, I'm Evan." I stepped out from behind Michael who had stepped in front of me again.

I shook his hand, then meekly sat down, Michael immediately sitting down next to me. Then my phone rang. I looked at the caller I.D. and almost fainted from shock. I had forgotten about my dad.

**********************************************************************************************************************

I am on a roll with updating! Special thanks to @loulivi22 for some ideas and being apart of the story! Sage on the side!

 If you have any ideas or suggestions, even if you don't! Please

Vote

Comment

And tell your friends!

Love,

:) Lauren