Chapter 14 - The Really Bad Teachers

They laughed and laughed until they nearly died. They were crying, they had laughed so much.
"us! Saving Kodie!" Tanisha splattered.
"no, it's the fact that he's praising us!" Mary cried.
"oh girls, you're all my heroes!" Deimante mimicked Kodie, and she was so good they all laughed again. Meanwhile Mary Jean, her boyfriend and his friends were all awkwardly standing there. This time, it was their time to stare, and they had never frowned so much before. After a while, the girls stopped laughing. Everyone turned to Kodie for an explanation.
"so how did they 'save' you exactly?"
"well, I was just running away from the zombies, when I found these guys! And instead of leaving me out of using me as a sacrifice, they protected me!"
Kodies friends looked at the squad. They looked back at them. This was about to be the biggest staring contest ever, when Owen spoke up.
"so you.. Saved Kodie?"
"err... Sure?" Marissa nodded unsurely.
"wow." Owen looked at them in genuine fascination. In particular, he kept looking at Jackie. This was just because she was the one he knew best (they were in the same class.) Wasn't it? He walked up to her.
"wow." he said again. He reached out to take her hair, but she stepped back. Instead, he took her arm. On return, Jackie kicked him between his legs. He cried out in pain as he stepped very far backwards.
"what was that for?!"
"you grabbed my arm! Don't touch me next time!" she hissed. Then, she and the five others span around and walked out of the doors.
"come on guys. Let's get back to our friends."
"wait!" Tanisha froze "I need the loo!" she sped to the Venus toilets, and the other five waited outside.
"oh fudge!" Mary said.
"what's wrong?"
"Miss Holstead left school! She might of been eaten otherwise."
The girls sighed.
"But Miss Greenway has probably been eaten. And Mr Payne too, and Miss Randall." Jackie said, which cheered everyone up. Finally, the headmistress and their history, science and Spanish teachers were all gone! Yay!! 🇪🇸😃